1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hate to just receive without giving anything back but...

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Ty, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Ty

Ty Guest

Yep im asking for advice again :slight_smile: I really need to start giving back.

Okay so a few days ago i shaved all of the hair from the top of my knee upwards, so like the thigh and all that. Except my other thing (cant say it >...>), I just trimmed that.

Anyways, Im just wondering, when that hair grows back, whats it going to be like? Is it going to be horrible enough that im going to have to continuously re shave it? cause it took me 1:30 hours and i really dont wanna have to keep doing it for comforts sake, as it was just a little experiment:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

So yeah, Im kinda wondering.. What happens next? lol How is the hair on my upper legs going to turn out? Sharp and bristly or back to normal?

2. Quitex

Quitex Guest

Back to normal, maybe a little quicker than you thought. Expect itching skin and a little but of uncomfortability for a while, but if you're goin g to keep doing it, it won't itch after several attempts.

3. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

It'll grow back as normal. If you keep shaving it may become a bit coarser but for a one-off you probably won't notice any difference once it is back.

If you want to keep smooth then you will have the hassle of reshaving or waxing regularly. Most guys have hairy legs anyway so it's probably not worth the bother.

4. Stargate

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It all depends on your body and how fast your hair grows. It will itch at first. Itll seem like its spikey and course and that its growing faster than normal but its not really. Its just its a bigger tranistion from smooth to stubble.

As for an hour and a half of shaving, its a lot eaiser to shave something thats already been shaved than areas that havent been shaved before.

5. Malchik89

i know you're pain and yea shaving usually just makes it grow back quicker xD but yea im very much looking into laser hair removal xP

6. KaraBulut

Some of the answers to your question will depend on the consistency of your hair.

As a rule, what you shave off grows back the same way it was before you shaved it. There are people who swear that their hair grows back thicker after it's been shaved but that's usually not the case. There's nothing about shaving that would change hair consistency.

One thing that can come out of shaving is ingrown hairs (especially for people who have thick, curly hair) and itchy red bumps (called razor rash or folliculitis). Razor rash tends to be worse in areas where the skin is soft and moist- typically the crotch and buttocks. The hair on the legs does not tend to form a rash as easily because the skin on the legs is usually thicker and more dry than other areas.

If you like this look, you might consider using a body groomer (clippers) instead of shaving. It goes quicker and it doesn't cut the hair as short, so there's less incidence of razor rash and a lot less itchiness.

7. justme003

justme003 Guest

I use to shave from the waist down. lol i stopped. You just get hairier as you get older. Ive come to accept it. Hair is Sexy. :slight_smile:

8. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Except on your head, which sometimes gets less hairy. :frowning2:

Most men do have body hair though (some more than others), so it's not like a partner will be surprised to see body hair when you get naked the first time. It should be what he'd expect.

9. TriBi

I shaved my legs twice a week for well over 10 years (for cycling, when I was 'full on' into triathlons).

Luckily I never had any problems with discomfort, itching, ingrowns etc - but now that I have stopped it does seem that the leg hair grows longer and more unruly than it used to - that could just be my perception tho'. I actually prefer the 'clean' look (I just became so accustomed to it) and I think my legs look rather 'feral' when they get really hairy - so these days I just trim by running clippers over them occasionally when it begins to annoy me.

10. lolz

never worried about my legs, but i did nair my stomach and lower back for about a year.. although now i dont really care..

if you just did it once it should grow back fine :slight_smile:

11. otc877

otc877 Guest

I don't get what the title has to do with this.

The only reason hair grows back and appears to be more coarse is because it's fresh hair and is thicker than normal (because it hasn't been exposed to the elements long enough to erode away a bit) and because you're used to not having anything there in the first place.

12. lolz

i thought it had to do with something sexual LOL

13. Ty

Ty Guest

It was a joke in reference to me asking for advice and not giving back so much :slight_smile:

14. Tim

Tim

Awww, you help, in your own way :slight_smile:

As I have no experience w/ this, I can't really answer, but it seems as if others have =P

15. Ty

Ty Guest

On the bright side, its grown to a comfortable sort of length and doesn't itch unless I wear my school trousers >..>

16. Helen

Helen Guest

With girlies it's a different story nowadays :frowning2: My Mediterranean blood doesn't seem to do me any favours.

If you really want the tops of your legs to stay nice and smooth, and not have the hair grow back for quite a while, then the only real option aside from spending a huge load of money on laser treatment....is waxing. Would you consider that option?

17. Poring

\

I heard waxing hurts.. a lot.

though my only sources were movies :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

18. Helen

Helen Guest

Legs aren't so bad, the tops of the legs hurt a bit more than the bottom, but not much.

Anything near the bikini area is nasteh, but sometimes necessary, if you screw your face up enough then the pain won't be overwhelming :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But the most painful place that I've ever had waxed is the back of my neck. Don't ever do it, seriously. It's pain beyond anything I've ever experienced O.O