1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If two girls make love, are they still virgins?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by tulips2198, Feb 8, 2014.

1. tulips2198

tulips2198 Guest

When your cherry is being popped, then ya you aren't a virgin but.. i dont know. It's soo confusing.. Hmm

2. Clay

Of course not lol.

3. tulips2198

tulips2198 Guest

i feel stupid..

4. KingDavey

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Nope. lol

You're not. lol I've plenty of people who think that they still would be and that even gay men who've only done oral are still virgins.

5. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Fuck no they aren't. If you're talking about virginity = cherry popping, then I was born a non-virgin. You don't need a man to be complete sexually....that's uh...pretty sexist, actually.

6. fortheloveoflez

Honestly, I think that the idea of virginity has a lot of misogynist connotations as it explicitly tends to fetishize a woman over her "having penetration with a man and his penis" as though that is a huge factor in determining her worth. Obviously, it's not, but historically that has been unfortunately true and it still pursues in some countries. :\

So anyway, maybe you wouldn't want to trash that word like I would so let's think of it this way....do you believe that if a woman has sex with a 1000 women that she is somehow a virgin? Is that really inexperienced when it comes to sex? I would say of course not. It's just that the definition was obviously not made for the sake of blessing homosexual relationships amongst other things, and this is why the term seems to not apply to lesbians effectively making sex between women "invisible". However, I would think that it's incredibly ignorant to assume that lesbians are virgins-for-life...because, if you have sex with a woman you are experienced. End of. I don't understand how that would be comparable or on the same level as some one who is actually inexperienced in any form of sexual contact.

So yes, I guess they aren't virgins...but then again, I'd toss that word if I were you...it obviously glorifies one form of sexual contact and throws the rest under the bus...

7. tulips2198

tulips2198 Guest

Sorry i was just curious GOD

8. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

No need to get so riled up, It's just a sensitive topic really that depends on perspective. It just annoys me to see LGBT people believing in (heteronormative) virginity, because we deal with enough oppression from (some, not all) straight people as it is.

9. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hell No they aren't virgins .

10. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

A lot of gals accidentally pop their own cherries actually...

11. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You can even pop your cherry playing sports .

12. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I REALLY wanted to quote this and forgot, but THANK YOU. Even though I haven't had any form of sexual activity, I never call myself a virgin because I hate being grouped in the same term with people who have lots of non-penetrative genital contact. I have no issue with what they've done, but It's still a really big deal and milestone to me that I almost feel offended that I would be considered in the same league as them. I prefer calling myself "sexually inexperienced".

And yeah the idea that lesbians are virgins for life is based on misogyny. A man's penis doesn't change a woman at ALL. You can still form a strong emotional bond without penetrative sex, and you can have penetrative sex that's just some casual fooling around. So I don't buy it.

I'm sick of all this hymen crap too. People that believe in virginity are usually the people who are the most ignorant about the human body. And either way if that were true, a man still wouldn't devirginilize me because I would have been born a non-virgin anyway. :dry:

13. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

and falling down stairs. Hell tampons are huge culprits.

14. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey original poster don't feel bad for asking the question lots of people have asked this question in the time I've been on EC it's much more common than you think.

Everyone's has their own opinion but as someone once out it in another thread if two people are doing things with the intention of working towards an orgasm them I would say they have lost their virginity but you can make up your own mind.

15. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I use to wonder about the tampons and I use to ask my mom since we're putting it in our vagina doesn't that not make you a virgin anymore then she said only a man's penis can make you not a virgin .
    Just plan ignorance if you ask me

16. frkn frk

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Physically (hymen status) possibly, But most importantly, experientially....no. But then again, I ruptured my maidens' crown riding horses.

#16 frkn frk, Feb 9, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  17. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

But what exactly does the hymen do to prove virginity? If that were the case, most women lose their virginity as children. If the hymen was that strong enough to last until it breaks from sex, women would die during first time menstruation.

18. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just because a penis may not be involved doesn't mean lesbians don't have real sex.

Did you kiss and caress each other? Congratulations, you're not a virgin. Did one of you lick each other's vagina? Still not a virgin. :slight_smile:

19. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Yeah, that's ignorant, but a lot of people think that. People still have the middle ages view that women are property for men, unfortunately.

20. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Your first sexual experience with another person is just as valid whether it's with the same sex or opposite sex. The whole hymen thing is ridiculous. By that definition I would've lost it to a horse or a minibike. And the act itself doesn't matter. I always thought it was amusing how a girl in HS who took a purity pledge was willing to give guys BJ's or let them do anal with her just so she could "save her virginity."