1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help with Anal Fissure

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Qxejaan, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Qxejaan

In the previous couple of weeks I was recovering from a really nasty bout of bronchitis. I was put on antibiotics (Amox-Clav) to avoid any nasty surprises. And of course, with a hefty dose of that, came the dreaded antibiotic diarrhea.

I know that AAD is caused primarily by the antibiotics killing off the good bacteria in your gut. I did take to eating some yogurt in between doses and that calmed it down. However, I fell off that particular wagon towards the end of treatment, and thus the diarrhea came back with a burning, irritating vengeance. Somewhere in that second bout, I developed an anal fissure.

It seems to be minor. I am cleaning good with moist wipes and there is never a lot of blood or pain, but then again it's been there for a long time and it's fucking annoying. Spasming of the anus supposedly keeps it from healing, and as we all know, the anus spasms during orgasm. I've tried to keep from sexual activity of any kind but I...haven't been successful (masturbation). I am scared to death of infection or permanent damage in there.

So I guess the main question I'm asking: what is a good ETA between developing one of these infernal things and seeing a doctor about it?

I finished my antibiotic treatment 4-5 days ago, meaning I've had this for a bit over a week.

Any general treatment advice as well would be appreciated.

2. Qxejaan

## Qxejáan to Earth, anyone alive down there? ##

I've had very little pain lately, but some odd itching once in a while. This a sign of healing or what?

Been about 9-10 days as of this post.

3. maxstall10

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yeah I've had one. Sounds like its getting better. Keep drinking a lot of water and your stool soft as possible.

4. Blondeye

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Epsom salt bath
    With a warm pack

5. Qxejaan

Don't know what blondeye is talking about, but I have been trying to follow maxstall's advice.

Unfortunately...it seemed to have been getting better for a while, but something happened to open it up again. It's hurting, and the bleeding is a bit worse than before.

I'm seriously considering just going to the doctor.