1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

smelly sperm

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by jayden, Mar 25, 2007.

1. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    ive noticed that sometimes (well most of the time) after ive cum my sperm smells really strong. Yesterday morning when i woke up i masturbated and came over my chest. I lay there for a while with the sheets down around my knees but ended up going back to sleep. (thank god that my other 2 brothers didnt wake up or mum & dad didnt come into the room!). I woke up about 2 hours later and the sperm had dried and the bedroom had this very strong smell. I can always tell when me younger brother (who is 13) masturbates also. The same smell sometimes fills the bedroom.

2. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

Some have an odor to their cum, some do not. It could be just something in your individual make up or "run in the family". If you were older and sexually active with others, it could indicate a possible infection (but from what I understand reading other things posted by you, this is not the case).

Science for the most part says that foods we eat don't impact the smell or taste of our cum, but over the years of talking with people I have found by anecdote (people's stories) that this may not be the case. Many times people have stated that after eating certain foods and engaging in sex afterwards has resulted in a smell or alteration to the taste of cum. This also happens with the smell of urine (eating asparagus imparts a strong smell to a number of people).

It does not indicate anything abnormal having a strong smell to cum unless as stated above you might have an infection. Since you also notice it with your 13 y/o brother after he masturbates, then I think it is just something unique to your family or it could be something to do with your diet.

3. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Or it could just be that cum smells. I think every guy I've ever been with has had cum that has had some kind of odour. I'm sure there's a lot of variation to that but I know my room has a particular odour after my boyfriend and I have sex.

4. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

Well its certainly nothing to worry about. Whether its "normal" isn't for me to decide but i would imagine leaving anything bodily exposed to air and time that it would change odeur.

But from what i have expierenced sex is like milk, leave it out for too long and you'll need to light a scented candle or two.

PS: 4/5 guys i have known to be with, said their semen smelled a bit like fish (eww!) or what i describe as salty smell (i don't know how you can smell salt but i can).

5. Jerr

I have heard (and I believe it to be true considering me and my old friend with bens. experimented with it and such) drinking juices. Apple and orange are what I did. His ex girlfriend told him of this and well... it seemed to work with us... we both drank juices a lot and we didn't have a taste really... unless we took a break from the juices... and yea there was noticeable difference.

When we didn't and we got off together and like got off on (one of our chests) I could smell it if we hadn't had juice in a while.

6. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Mine (and my brothers) smells like bleach :eek:

7. Jerr

BLEACH thats the smell I was looking for! I've heard it smells like that more then anything else.

Like a highly diluted bleach.

8. blake21

i would not worry to much about it i have noticed depending on what i have ate or drank that day determines what my cum smells like

9. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

*after running downstairs, to the laundry room and uncapping a bottle of bleach*

OMG thats the "salty" smell i couldn't describe. My sense of smell is wack. Don't mind me.

10. tired_of_lying411

As soon as I read that, I was like BINGO!!!! That's the slight smell I was thinking of!

11. 94nat

Mine smells like bleech also.

12. Isaac

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Wow, a couple of brothers all around the same age and all masturbating! You guys must be very close brothers! I wish i had some brotehrsmy age to ...um...

13. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    well not really mate, i share my bedroom with my 2 younger bros (10yo & 13yo) and wish that i had my own private pad at times. :tantrum: