1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Growing armpit hair?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by anthonythegamer, Feb 15, 2014.

1. I'm turning 16 this year, but I still haven't grown real armpit hair, just in other areas (do I really have to describe it?), and it's kind of like peach fuzz on my armpits now. I don't want armpit hair, but I just want to ask if I will grow it. I started puberty when I was 12, went through the growth spurt of seven inches (17 centimeters) when I was 13-14, and my growth spurt is tapering off at 15. I'm not sure if ethnicity would play a role but just to let you guys know, I'm Chinese-Vietnamese.

So, will I grow it? :eusa_shif

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I started puberty when I was 11 and started growing armpit hair just 2 months later and acne came in. in 3 months I was a whole new person.

3. Gen

Gen

Although hair grow is an effect of puberty, hair growth isn't tied to puberty. Both men and women have a fairly common probability of growing more body hair in various places with age. Though it would probably take all of three minutes a week to remove the hair if you aren't comfortable with it.

4. Claudette

Claudette Guest

My puberty was... weird at best, I started it when I was 16 lol, so... in 10th grade I was 4 foot something then in 11th I was 5 foot 8 lol
    if you're concerned about body hair, I am 27, and no hair grows on my chest/stomach area, arms, and only a little bit under the arms... but.. then again I am intersex.. so that may play a role in it lol

5. AKTodd

From what I've seen and read over the years, puberty seems to operate a bit differently from guy to guy.

Some guys will be shaving by the time they're 12 but have almost no other body hair until they are in their late teens. Other guys may go the opposite and look like a gorilla from the neck down but be barely able to grow a decent mustache. Some guys start earlier, some later.

You probably won't really 'finish up' the puberty process until you're 17 or 18, so you've got a bit of time yet before you're done.

If your dad or other male relatives have armpit hair, odds are you will too (and if your dad/relatives developed it later in the puberty process, odds are you will too), although sometimes unexpected things can pop up from a generation or two back. For example, if your dad/immediate male relatives have armpit hair, but your great grandfather didn't or something of the sort, then you may not or only develop very little.

One of my sisters is a redhead - we had to go back to my mom's great-grandmother or a great aunt or something to find another relative with red hair. Sometimes things just shake out that way.

Todd