1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acne after waxing?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Perrygay, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

It seems after everytime I get my eyebrows done or my chest waxed, I get a whole bunch of acne. Does this happen to anyone else, or can anyone explain why this happens to me?

2. Emberstone

you sure its acne? if it is red bumps, thats not acne, thats just soreness in the skin which dose happen when shaving and waxing.

3. sexyalex

i actually find that when i wax i don't get bumps...

it's weird, anytime i use razors, my skin brakes out into nasty after shave bumps and no matter what i use they won't go away and when they heal..they leave a amrk on my skin which takes months to leave.

So i wax, just lifts everything, and i never had acne after. Is the wax ur using clean?(sorr to ask but it's what i can think of atm) :confused:

4. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

No, I'm sure it's acne. When I use my acne shower wash and facial pads (they work just as good on the chest as the face), it seems to clear up. I just hate the fact that I have to go through all the trouble to get rid of it every single time I wax.

5. sexyalex

it is acne...it's not the same acne u would get on ur face. but it's a form of acne. I actually know the scietific name for this...but if i don't remember by the time i wake up tomorrow...Health expert Kara might know..she is kinda good on these stuff.

6. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess it just irritates/damages the skin and makes it more prone to infection?

Do you use something like a tea tree oil based lotion after? Something that's a natural disinfectant, not too strong but still with some oomph? Body Shop has a tea tree oil facial wash that might be good to try after.

Of course the real solution is to stop waxing. :slight_smile:

7. KaraBulut

There's a couple of possibilities:

If what you are seeing appears to be a rash but there's no pus or no whitehead on the bump, it is probably just irritation of the follicle caused by the trauma of yanking out the hair. You can resolve this by using a hydrocortisone creme on the area immediately after you wax and continuing until the rash resides. You should be okay using small amount of hydrocortisone under your eyebrows but do not use it on your face for a long period of time and avoid getting it into your eyes. Hydrocortisone creme can be found at any pharmacy in the US as an over-the-counter creme.

If there is pus or a whitehead on the bump, it is folliculitis which is an infection and inflammation of the hair follicle. It's very similar to acne. This sometimes happens when bacteria gets into the hair follicle after a hair has been removed by waxing or shaving. You can help avoid them it by washing the area with an anti-bacterial soap before you wax. Then after you wax, alternate using benzoyl peroxide (brand names: Stridex, Oxy, Clean and Clear, etc) at night followed by the hydrocortisone creme during the day. On your chest, you should use the benzoyl peroxide at night because can bleach your shirt- you might want wear a white T-shirt to bed when you have it on. The irritation should clear up in a day or two- especially after any pus has drained from the follicle.

If this irritation persists after you wax, you may want to clipper your chest instead of waxing. The chest is area that can scar (keloids) from infections and sores, so you want to try to avoid getting folliculitis in this area if possible.

8. SamAlex728

Before Kara gets mad, Kara is a HE!!!

9. KaraBulut

I doesn't make me mad (I have a female friend whose friend name is Khara, so I understand the confusion), but yes, I am very much a "he". :roflmao:

10. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

That is exactly what I needed, thank you very much :slight_smile:

And thank you to everyone else who contributed, you're great too :slight_smile:

11. sexyalex

omg, my bad please don't tell one me:eusa_doh:

anyways, i remember now. It's calles Non-inflamitory acne and there is another scitifical name deratologists use which starts with a K but my biology book is too much to digest and i can't find it ATM.

Anyways, as Kara said it could be because possible yanking, as well as because the skin....it's left bare, and it will develop acne. Remember, pores are naked without hair and unlike shaving, waxing remove the hair itself causing the pore to be empty, so the use of bodily hair which would be to nurish, nutralise temperature and capture forgein micro organisims...is no longer there:astonished:

therefore, result into ur pore getting infected, or probebly dry etc, and those small little bumps u see are not water :lol: gosh no. Idk why people call them water bumps anyways, they are actualy dead tissues pilling up under the pore along WITH B-type white blood cells (yea, there are 2 types of white blood cells; leukocytes & lymphocytes) that defuse into the pore causing it to have that watery effect. The white bloods cells get there likewise through ur capillaries and initially there to fight bacteria that may enter the naked pore.

Recommendation? ever heard of Johnson & Johnson Aloe Baby Oil gel? Its a very mild gel to apply around the areas u have waxed, keeping the pores moisturized until soft hair starts growing back. Also, be sure to soak ur skin in hot water before or after u have waxed, this not only disolves dead tissues but helps to cleans the inside of pores.:lol:

oh...be sure to seal ur pores with room temperature water when ur done. :slight_smile:

#11 sexyalex, Jul 11, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2008