1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newly pierced ear.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by PM92, Feb 20, 2014.

1. PM92

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hai! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

So I got my ear pierced yesterday. And the stud on my starter earring is quite big (which is ok at the moment). But in like 4 weeks I start working as a student nurse and will have to either change or remove it :frowning2:

So what I'm asking is is it possible at like 4 and a bit weeks, to change it to another starter earring with an Invisible stud even though its supposed to be left in for 6 weeks?

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had to remove it prematurely for an MRI. After you remove it (better to ask them to remove it cuz the piercing stud is more difficult to remove, just go back to the piercing place and have them put the new one in, it may take another 5 weeks before you can take it out plus there's the extra cost of the new stud.

Keep the area clean always!

3. apostrophied

Looks like you don't have much of a choice anyway... Just make sure everything is super clean (including your fingers) before you do anything, and once the new one's in, don't touch it or change it for a long time.

I had one heck of a hard time getting my earlobes to heal after piercing them, so that's why I suggest you err on the side of extreme caution...

4. robclem21

Where in your ear is it pierced? If it is just the lobe, you are probably okay because those tend to heal very quick. If it is anywhere else you should have a professional do it for you.

Also, avoid switching it to a really cheap earring because those are more likely to get infected if the skin hasn't healed yet. If you replace it a bit early with a good quality metal you will probably be fine.

5. PM92

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    UPDATE: Ok so I am going to change it sooner rather than later, preferably to something that doesn't have as sharp a point on the end. was out last night and came home and went to bed, some time early in the morning I woke up because I had a pain in my head and tried to lift my head and realized I couldn't so in my sleep dazed state assumed I was having a stroke... (Because a number of my relatives have had strokes in their early twenties) and started freaking out shouting out for help. My roommate rushes in and then I realize the earring is caught in the pillowcase and I couldn't lift my head because my shoulder was holding the pillow down... Awkward :/