1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sex shops and vibrators

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by wandergirl, Feb 21, 2014.

1. wandergirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hey guys,

Lately I've been wanting to get my first vibrator, and i have no idea on how to choose one. i've done some research on online sex shops and i think i'd rather do for a more simple one, and also i don't want anything that has looks like a real dick. do you guy have any advice on which ones are good? i've never used any dildo or vibrator before.
    I was told to go to a local sex shop and they can help me there. but i'm kinda shy for this kind of talk. i don't know if i'm gonna be able to talk properly to the salesperson about what i prefer... :icon_redf

Thank you :kiss:

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Depends what you want to DO with it...

Are you wanting something simple like a clitoral vibrator, or a full on stick-it-up-you dildo?

3. DoNotTell1987

Out Status:
    A few people
    Check out lelo.com :slight_smile: they are awesome :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. wandergirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    hm i'd rather get something i can put inside...

5. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Then probably your safest bet is just to get something simple. Walk in to any sex shop and you'll no doubt see a little bullet-looking tube about 6-8 inches long that may or may not vibrate and may or may not have some form of attachable covering...

To be honest if you just walked in and decided you wanted, for example, a simple, 7 inch vibrator, I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to find one...

I mean their are choice of materials and things but I really don't know enough about the different materials to be able to suggest if one is better than another...

6. Double Eagle

Double Eagle Guest

The soft looking jellies are horrible because they smell toxic and if you taste of one they taste toxic...Save your money there and be aware, Yeck!

7. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Silicon tends to be among the safest materials, and is also very easy to keep clean/sanitized. Bad Dragon offers some really exotic shapes, though they can be a bit pricey...though they are well made, and the one I got from them has been more fun than any toy I've had yet. They also make some great lubes...

8. Sarah257

There are a lot of materials to choose from out there. These can range from glass to ones that feel just like real skin (supposedly). One of the major things to consider when deciding is hygene. If I remember right, the glass and silicone ones are the easiest to clean (and also on the cheaper end). The "jelly" ones double eagle mentioned and the ones that feel like real skin are much more difficult to clean properly and thus often necessitate the use of a condom over them. Really, what you get depends on what you want. Do you want something that will last a long time? Does it have to vibrate? The hygene, length, width, design, feel, and color questions also play a part. Personally, if I were to go shopping for one I'd be a bit inclined to pick either a glass one that can be passed off as some sort of "art" or "knick-knack" :lol: (such as a colorful spiral design ) or a silicone one with a vibrator in it.

Also, from what I understand, the "rabbit" models are pretty popular, so you could look at those.

---------------
    @huskypup: lol I've seen those. Some of them look like they'd be great.

#8 Sarah257, Feb 21, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  9. Beetle

I know nothing of sex toys but my best friend has many and reviews them. She says Lelos are good and one of her favs, and silicon is safe and easy to clean...and to avoid jelly.

10. wandergirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    thank you guys! :kiss:

So i decided to get a silicon one that vibrates. i'm still unsure about the shape yet though. if i'd go for something simple, like a tube, or maybe take one step further and buy a rabbit or g spot.
    also do you guys think it's better to go to a real store or buy it online? in the shop i can see how they really look like, but online i might have a bigger range of options...

11. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To be honest if you just want the simple tube shape, then buying online might be good, just because you'll probably find it cheaper...that and I think I'd be too nervous to go and buy one from a shop anyway! :grin:

12. wandergirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    exactly what i'm feeling. i'll be shy to tell the salesperson what i really want...
    so is it really cheaper to buy online? :slight_smile:

13. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It CAN be, depends where you look I guess. Depends if you have posting and things to take into consideration...