1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Helen needs some advice on working out :(

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Helen, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Helen

Helen Guest

I would follow Beebo's thread, but the fact is, I'm just too unfit. The last time I did anything remotely like that, I was crippled with DOMS for about four days afterwards.

Basically, I'm not 'in trouble' weight-wise yet, but I still need to be careful. My tummy could do with a bit of flattening out, because I want to get my bellybutton pierced in a few weeks, and my thighs and bum are slowly creeping their way outwards, due to my rather large appetite.

I need some exercises and advice that can help me with specifically my tummy, bum, and thighs, I'm not too concerned about the rest of me just yet, those are my problem areas. I'd rather not go to a gym, because my mum would go with me, and she always pushes me more than I can manage because she's a marathon runner and I'm...not.

Just something simple I can manage in the privacy of my room, that'll help me tone those areas, I *do not* want to bodybuild here. Thanks for any replies, I very much appreciate it ^_^

2. Beebo

One thing that I sometimes do, I will throw on some tasty tunes, and I will set a timer, and I tell myself, until the timer stops, I can't stop doing active things.

I usually put it for like 10 minutes, and I like dance in my house and make ridiculous faces/flex in the mirror, I jump around, just being ridiculous. Believe it or not, it's good exorcise, and it's super fun.

It's best to do it when there is nobody home tho. LOL.

I usually go for like 10 minutes.

BTW don't be afraid to throw in some exorcises (make funny sounds even, when you do them, and it will make the experience way funner. Growl and scream and laugh.) Try and show off your fast footwork in the mirror, then tell yourself things like "HEY YOU!" hahaha. That always makes me laugh.

BTW talking to yourself is actually a super fun experience.

I don't know...

lol

I hope that helps a bit.

3. sexyalex

girl,

lol i am a cheerleader, a swimmer and a track and feild athlete and i never once lifted weights in my life and i am 10times more active than all the other guys who are buff on my tracks team. The key to staying fit is having a healthy heart.

Healthy heart means easier breathing, easier breathing means more work and more work means more results and results.....means sexy ass body:wink:

So helen, this is what u need ta do. Create or design an excersise plan. I like glitters and sparkly markers and all that jazz but u can be creative in ur own way. Make a time table from sunday to saturday highlighting 5 days u are gonna choose to work out for atleast a hour each day. U should totally see my bellybutton, many girls tell me they wish they had mine and i should pierce it! :lol: but y'all know that ain't gonna happen.
    What u need to do is limit urself between Yoga, arobics, dance(choreography) and bellydancing. There are many diferent DvD's available to teach u these stuff like Yoga and bellydancing step by step, they r quite inexpensive and they work magic(TurboJam is my recommendation). trust me, and unlike running a mile or 2, with bellydancing i garantee u wil find it allot more fun, motivating and see results immediately. YES IMMEDIATELY. :lol:

Dancing is not only proven to get all the body parts moving especially the belly area and this is important cuz we don;t want crusty abs, we want nice curved tummys with sexy coka cola bottle shapes. Also, Yoga will make u do things u never thoguht u can do, stretch ur body muscels, and build u that hot bikini posture everyone is lusting about:icon_wink

Just be sure to stick to this plan and never break it. Dosn't really matter what u eat cuz what people don't know...excersising actually brings on cravings...cuz u use up more energy so u get hungry much faster to want to put back energy into ur body. However, nevertheless it dosn't matter what u chew down ur piehole be sure to have atleast 8 glasses of water perday. This not only breaks down fat around the kidney, but disolves cholesterol around the heart and put back iron u loose from ur monthly period and through ur workouts.

so get planning sister!:thumbsup:

have any questions, PM me. (*hug*)

#3 sexyalex, Jul 11, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2008
  4. Beebo

Sexy Alex Brings down the house.

Amazing advice. A planned weekly schedual is great wise wise.

lol.

Alex, you seem to know a lot more about this stuff specifically than I do, so take it away sir, you have the body to show that your style works wonders. Helen, listen to Alex, he knows what he is talking about.

:kiss:

(you might want to start her on an easier program than your own though Alex. You've been doing this for a while and she is just starting. If you have time, could you maybe post what one of your scheduals might look like, that could help a lot of people who are having trouble organise their workouts.)

Anyways, I'll be gone for most of the weekend, SO BE EXCELLENT my fellow CHICAS AND CHICOS.

5. sexyalex

ok, tomorrow i will post some ideas and starting tips xD I am still in school right now :lol:

6. Helen

Helen Guest

Wow, thanks so much! ^_^

I'm so grateful for this, I'm going to Cyprus at the end of August, so I want to get myself looking good in time for then :slight_smile: You're a lifesaver ^_^

7. Psychedelic Bookmarks

Hmm interesting suggestions. I might try some of them myself! I'm in the same situation as you Helen - my appetite is just a little too big, my tummy a little too flabby, my exercise a little too sparse. :lol:

8. sexyalex

ok, back

this is a drafted time table. U don't have to follow this it's just for an example.
    [​IMG]

Now, as u can see, i have on sunday breathing and med. Well this is quite simple, the same sitting position u would be in for yoga(legs fold, chest up) u will practise ur breathing which is actually a form of internal exercising.:slight_smile:
    What u do is start off by breathing in and out for a couple seconds and holding ur breath for 30 seconds at intervals. U want to go up by 5 whenever u feel ready cuz this not only increases air capacity but burns carbs around the heart. I couldn't hold my breath for 20 seconds...now i can go as long as 3 minutes. It will also get u physically ready for yoga which consists of 60%streaching and 40% breathing techniques.

Also, while u may not be watching ur diet, gosh no one does anyways:dry::lol: u want to move ur dinner or supper time up a little earlier. I know people who have dinner at like 11pm....this is bad actually. Cause digestion takes 4 hours to get fully into motion and eating before u sleep only means one thing, your sleeping, ur body is awake it dosn't have the capasity to digest this food on it's own and so all that nutrients that's suppose to give u energy, what's suppose to be starch, becomes automaticaly roughage, and fat, lipids, sugars vitamins etc. they all pass out though peristalisis by morning except the fat stays(for being used up) and goes straight to ur backside! Alllll that wasted energy.....

anyways. So u wanna have ur dinner during prime time; also work out before u have dinner and this is prudent because people think, water is what gives them stiches, nahh, it's food actually. Water can...but the thing is...when people are working out they gulp a whole bung of water down and don't take small sips, which results into adding immidiate weight to the body(on top of what u have been already taking off) so that pain is actually ur fat gut pushing agaist ur diaphram when u probebly jump while the food causes cramps(because ur tummy is full, and ur tightening it up by working out, think of a bag full of water, and ur twirlling that bag around tightly thus making a posibility of the plastic to strectch or burst. Same with ur tummy. don't u think the bag is in pain?!:eek:slight_smile:

Also, most importantly, u will find ur eating habbits change. Ur gonna eat less at dinner. Cuz ur gonna feel fuller quicker...cuz ur gutt is actually getting smaller. Nevertheless, ur gona start getting picky, allot of short snacks and random cravings(which will be for energy) throughout the days.

Also, u may be wondering....why nothing on saturday? well it's just the one day u take to go infront of ur mirrorr naked and try to observe the changes. It may not be immidiate for some, for me it was..cuz i am soo caught up with my body, i can tell if i get a new strawn of hair!:rolleyes::lol: But usually there are changes, u just have to look closer. Also, saturday is the day u relax. Chill out with ur family and ur friends and don't give a shit if ur gonna put on 5 pounds by chewing it over with a Twix bar:eusa_eh:

So, what do u think? makes sence?:icon_bigg

#8 sexyalex, Jul 12, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2008
  9. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, Alex, that is amazing advice. I might try it myself (Helen'll probably start banging on about how I don't need to but I want to anyway because I would rather like to be a little fitter). But probably not any time soon cos I'm going to Florida in a week, then I'll be holidaying until early September, meaning I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR EXERCISE!!! lol...I'm so lazy on holiday!!

10. EM68

When you do start to work out, take it slow you do not want to pull anything or over exert yourself. You can start by going for a walk at a slow pace around your yard or block. Do that for a week then gradually increase the distance you go. Make sure you do some stretching before and after you start. This will help you burn carlories.

Some exercises you could do are sit ups, crunches, and leg lifts (where you lay on your back and life your legs up perpendicular to your body). This will help your stomach. Also you can do push ups you can start by going on your knees at first until you build up some strength.

The last thing you want to do is to try to eat healthy, fruits, veggies, drink plenty of water it will help clean out your body and stay away from junk food, fries etc.

Hope this helps.

11. sexyalex

lol heatqueen.

girl u done got the pole dancing body so u can affored to be lazy. We arn't all hot likes you:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: so we can't affored to skylark the summer. :lol:
    (*hug*)

12. Antrioss

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Prime time: Supper :lol:

13. Alexander

can you go to the gym with some other friend? so that you don't have to go with your mom?

Running and jogging is a great core tonage exercise. You can also dance and stuff like alex and mike said. I have a whole half hour a day that I just mess around the house doing the laundry, dishes, and other active work. It accomplishes a lot AND I get worked out :grin:

14. grapevine fires

I've started to do low-impact workouts and exercises. I have very bad knees at times, which makes it difficult to go out and run, or use a treadmill. Instead of doing classic jogging and workouts like that, I go out (almost) every morning for a bike ride, then I come home and do ball exercises.
    (http://www.amazon.com/Get-Ball-Develop-Strong-Exercise/dp/1569244936) <- the book I use.

It's great because it works all of the muscles you want to, and it makes them very strong, even more so than many machines at the gym. You probably won't see results right away because it works the muscles inside to outside, but you'll find yourself much stronger. The book includes many exercise routines for all muscle groups, and I recommend it, however it is up to you.

The best way to work out, I have found, is to alternate days and exercise routines. For example, one day work on your lower back and abdominals, then take a day off (make sure to do some cardio work too!) then work on your butt and legs.

I believe most gyms have ball work classes, and I'd recommend going there too, if you feel more comfortable being shown the proper way to exercise on the ball rather than finding out by yourself or reading and interpreting what the book has to say.

I wish you luck!

15. Louise

One of the best forms of excersize for tummy, thighs and bottoms is swimming, you can have fun and get fit at the same time. You don't get puffed out and all hot and sweaty and you will be trimmed and toned before you know it. :icon_bigg

16. Mmmike

In your profile it says you enjoy dancing ; ever considered taking a class?
    At my studio we have a class specifically for strength and flexibility. You could look into that or see if there are classes at the gym for specific workouts that you could do at home also to avoid having to go with your mom.

17. sexyalex

hahaha, u know i like the swimming thing. I used to play water polo for my school swim team and represent my high school in national surfing tournament but i stopped cuz i kept getting wicked muscle contractions...like

owuch.

18. Nanzuniko

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Besides the point, but sexyalex, I like the fact that you said that all in chatspeak, for some reason XDDD

And I agree with sexyalex.

19. unouxx3me

unouxx3me Guest

Have you considered joining the local YMCA? You can swim and stuff, plus I know there is gym equipment at mine, and so I can work out there too.