1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MTF HRT Question

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Claudette, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Claudette

Claudette Guest

Hi Hi!
    I've only been on HRT for a little over a month now... & I know it effects everyone differently... but this morning when I woke up to take a bath... I noticed.. some breast growth and sensitivity... I didn't think this would start until a few months down the line.
    I just want to know if this is common to start this "phase" so early as I've yet to notice any other changes (Aside from a smaller waist)

2. Sarah257

Hey, I did a little search and found that what you are experiencing is more or less normal. I don't know just how much growth there has been as you haven't specified, but a number of people start noticing effects at around a month. That "six month untill noticable breast growth" thing appears to apply more to the area of others noticing them/being able to not have breast forms worn (although at six months they are generally a smaller cup size). Here's the link for you to peruse at your leisure.

When did your boobs come in after starting hrt?

Hope this answers your questions hon :slight_smile:

3. Claudette

Claudette Guest

they're budding I suppose lolas a man, I had some Pecs.. not big, nothing to shake a stick at, but now they're all... jelly like I guess? lol sensitive and a bit bigger... I don't think it's random fat... as I only weigh about 150 at 5foot 10 inches lol

4. Sarah257

Hey! We're the same height! lol Anyways, I only glanced through the first few posts on that link, but I don't think you have anything to worry about. Just enjoy this pleasant surprise :slight_smile:

5. Claudette

Claudette Guest

ok so... my waist is starting to shrink lol I suppose it's been happening slowly... but I just noticed it today... I used to use belt loop #2... now belt loop #3 hangs off my hips lol...
    A friend I haven't seen in 2 weeks says I am getting a figure... this is from the Hormones yes? lol
    I used to struggle in size 8 pants, now they fit easy around the waist, and I can wear size 6/7 now

6. Sarah257

It could be. In your case, it's a little hard to tell how the hormones interact with you due to your circumstances. The whole "your mileage may vary" thing kind of complicates things a bit :rolle:

(I saw the other day that you are technically intersexed correct? Perhaps your ovaries are responding/synergyzing with your hormone therapy. I don't really know; I'm no doctor, and I only skimmed that thread. Are your ovaries functioning or are they more vestigial?)

7. Claudette

Claudette Guest

more vestigial, but before therapy, tests showed I had more estrogen & less testosterone in me then "normal" men.
    I mean I don't make eggs, but they still produce estrogen

#7 Claudette, Feb 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2014
  8. Sarah257

Unless your doctor adjusted your hormone therapy to account for this, it definately could be a contributing factor. If they haven't, perhaps you should bring it up with them. From my understanding, having too much estrogen can be dangerous, and only helps with feminization to a fairly small degree. I would probably check in with my doctor about this just to be on the safe side if I was you. (assuming he didn't already correct the dosage or whatever)