1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Protection...

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by MessieM, Feb 26, 2014.

1. MessieM

I know I could probably get this information from the internet, but I think I'd rather hear from gay people with more personalised answers... if that makes any sense

I know all about straight sex protection, but owing to the fact that sex ed teachers at my school do not even stop to consider gay sex I was wondering if you could answer my question?

What is the conventional, most sensible way of protecting myself against STD's (not getting pregnant... lol :lol: ) during lesbian sex?

Thanks people!

2. Aelan

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well if you're worried about getting pregnant during lesbian sex you may be doing it wrong....

But as far as protection goes there are a lot of products out there, both purchased and ones you can make at home, that prevent transfer of fluids from partner to partner. Think female condom but that's not really the way I would put it. There are ones that block fluids when going down on her, ones designed to be used during intercourse, and pretty much any other point in the whole night.

Honestly I would do a good Google search on things you can try or go to the local sex store, the one here has a lot of different products, some of them are even flavored for your enjoyment :icon_wink

3. you can buy condoms, they can be used for tons of things. saves you buying dams aswell.

if you have a cut on your finger, id suggest on wearing latex gloves just to be sure... if you have long fingernails you can put a cotton ball on the end on your finger/s before you put on the gloves this method might help also so you can use your hands more without hurting her.

also for oral roll out and cut a condom one side length ways then and then place it over her so you are protected.

if you use toys also use condoms on them each time

if you were wanting to be more intimate im sure theres this thing you can buy that is like underwear with sort of latex crotch or something so you can protect yourselves even more. (i could be wrong though)

im super weird about that stuff though so im guessing im 'way too cautious' haha even if the risk is like 1%

thats about all the info i can give.

4. MessieM

Thank you very much for you replies, they were extremely helpful! Yes, I will do a good google search, I was checking that I was searching the right things lol :slight_smile:

Thanks once again :slight_smile: i'm gonna be safe in the future