1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do things get better?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by MissyT, Mar 3, 2014.

1. MissyT

Since I was 14 I've been struggling with an eating disorder. For about one year I've gotten better (kinda) I'll eat at least once every day. More recently I've been able to eat twice sometimes three times a day. The other day I had a doctors appointment and stupidly looked at the scale. I know it's not healthy to lose weight again, but since then every time I eat at all I feel sick. :frowning2:

I haven't talked to anyone but my girlfriend about this but I don't want to let her down again. How can I deal with this? I don't want to be "sick" again. Please help. :help::tears:

2. KWDBM

I'm low on advice right now because of my own issues in this area, but I can say that things *can* get better over time. Being able to eat more often is a very solid step in the right direction, and this thing with the scale is just a setback. Setbacks, as a general rule, normally aren't permanent. When you were eating 2-3 times a day, was there anything you can pinpoint that helped you be okay with eating, or feel like eating? For example, I'm always more at ease eating in a group setting, 'cause I can talk and laugh and the food is sorta an afterthought, not something I'm focusing on so much.

*hugs!*

3. Yosia

I am like this too~ i rarely eat lunch and i get full really easily and feel sick and i think anorexic thought when i weigh and see myself >.<

4. lameo

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    (*hugs*)

5. MissyT

I really only started eating because I promised my girlfriend that I would. I hate people watching me eat. I don't really enjoy watching other people eat either. The only thing I can think of that made it better was not wanting to disappoint her.