1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How did you handle period like symptoms

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Claudette, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Claudette

Claudette Guest

Ok... so today After I got done at court (for a name change) I started feeling kinda bleh...by bleh I mean... I had cramps, a headache(might've been a migraine from other symptoms), mood swings, weird cravings and nausea... after a visit to my doctor... who chuckled at what I told her(shes my regular) she told me to take midol and get used to it as the HRT would give me these "Phantom periods"

but how do you manage such symptoms every month? I wanted to clean on my rest of the day off, instead I just napped it off.
    Mind you this won't bother me so much as I feel great being and identifying as a woman, not trying to complain, just looking for advice ^^

2. Poe

Poe

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You just accept that you're stuck with the symptoms and go about your day. Heating pads where you're having cramps helps and an earlier bedtime will help make the next day a lot better (more rest), unfortunately life doesn't stop because of our periods. It will pass soon, hang in there.

3. apostrophied

You suck it up and deal with it. Women gotta be strong! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Try Tylenol for pain and if it's not enough, go for Advil. And avoid talking about it or using it as an excuse. I have a friend who seems not to know about the existence of modern painkillers and uses her period cramps as an excuse to go to bed at like, 8...

Mwahaha, whoever said being a woman was easy? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Good luck though! At least you don't have to deal with the blood lol...

*hugs*

4. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I get really bad cramps on my period. If I don't take Advil or whatever early enough, I'll end up in so much pain that I'm likely to faint.

It sucks, but it's one or two days a month (later in my period it hurts less) so I just take it easy and lie down with a hot water bottle.

5. SRS1120

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    heat helps, there are some heat pads that you can buy that are thin and stick on, try different pain relievers - aleve works best for me, better than advil

6. fortheloveoflez

Exercise helps. If you are sleeping you should curl up and put your arms around your legs to alleviate the cramps. I also just try to distract myself. I think after so many years I've gotten used to it. I don't think I've had mood swings but all the other symptoms I have had. But some times, I know it might sound silly, but the whole thing makes me feel womanly and then I think to myself...imagine how much all this has lifted up my pain tolerance? It most certainly has. So I guess that's a positive way to look at it....

#6 fortheloveoflez, Mar 7, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2014