1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Types of Workout Routines?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by willfultrans, Mar 6, 2014.

1. willfultrans

Out Status:
    A few people
    Due to my unability to start the actually process of transitioning, I'm thinking that building muscle and being more healthy and athletic will help me feel better about my body. I'm taking gym classes, but most of that is kickball/dodgeball kind of stuff that I don't really feel is helping me. So I'm looking for other health tips for eating, working out, and just having a good routine for day-to-day that can help me feel better. Thanks.

2. Disappear

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Gym is always a good option, and you can go there whenever you want so you can fit it to your daily schedule :slight_smile:

It really depends what kind of results you want to have, so that'll tell you which kind of weights you should lift. When I started to go to gym, I always had 20mins of aerobic to warm up, then did weights for 30mins and then streching 10mins - so 60mins for a workout session.

If you only go gym, I'd suggest you to have different kind of work out days, like on one day you'll focus on legs, one day for arms, one for back and so on. Muscle needs to rest to develope, so it doesn't work if you go every day to work out for the same muscles. And that gets boring after a while too. At first it might be better to find a bit of every muscle and do a work out for your whole body before you start focusing on different body parts. You also see how different your body parts are, legs might be much stronger compared to your arms and so on.

Hope you'll find some of this helpful! Gym is a big passion of mine - Im more than happy to answer any other questions :slight_smile:

3. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

Sadly, a lot of people become very dependent on having equipment for their workouts. I have a lot more muscle than what a "girl" should (Well duh, that's the point) I use these.
    2013 workout collection
    You can download the PDF for free. They are really cool. You don't need weights to gain muscles necessarily.