1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kidney pain?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by CharlieChalk, Mar 7, 2014.

1. CharlieChalk

Hey all.
    So recently, I've started to have a pain in one of my organs on the right hand side of my body, mostly on my back just about my hips. I'm not great with anatomy but I think that's probably my kidney?

It started around 6 months ago I guess. At first I thought it was just went I had eaten too much or had too much to drink. Now it just kinda comes and then disappears eventually. The pain is getting more intense and more uncomfortable.

I can't really go to the doctors as I'm not in my home country, so does anyone have any advice or something to maybe just tide me over until I can maybe get it checked out.

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Does Qatar not HAVE doctors?

If it IS your kidney, try increasing the amount of water you drink...it won't fix anything but it might help a bit, at least it did when I had kidney stones. Basically if it's anything that needs a doctor, anything you can do is going to be of very little use! Get it checked out however you can ASAP, 'cause if it's something with the kidneys and it gets bad its going to hurt like hell!

3. alex3191

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    You should get checked out by your doctor, I had kidney pain which I ignored for ages until ended up in A&E in severe pain with kidney stones. They will just do an X-ray or scan to check. If it is kidney stones cut down on salt and drink lots of water to help stop them from forming.

4. Pain should never be ignored, you should have it checked out ASAP.

5. Foxface

flank pain is not something to mess around with. I am not saying OMG you're gonna die...no no but see someone. Kidney problems can be very very serious. As a former paramedic and a kidney stone survivor who's kidney attempted to swell 10% I can tell you it isn't to be fooled with. Other considerations could be appendix (though usually once that pain starts it doesn't stop until the problem is fixed)

Generally speaking if you have a kidney stone it is acute and pretty much the most severe pain you'll ever encounter. My bigger concern would be a kidney disease or infection. I mean in reality pain of any type shouldn't usually be ignore, but abdominal and flank pain should definitely be looked at

for now...I would drink a lot of water. If it is a stone it can help flush. If it is kidney issues other than stones you can hydrate the organ.

I will caution though if the pain is sudden and accompanied with nausea and vomiting and fever you have to find your way to a doctor

good luck...stay safe