1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to wake up on my own?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Pixelbro, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Pixelbro

It's quite ridiculous that I'm gonna be 16 years old soon yet I can't wake up in the morning on my own. I've tried using an alarm but it never gets me up, even though it used to when I was 12 or 13. I've heard of a 'biological clock' but I don't think I can get up at 6 AM during the normal week AND on weekends. Any feedback is appreciated. :slight_smile:

2. Kreiger

When I knew I had to get up early, I drank a ton of water the night before so that I'd wake up early.
    Granted, having a full bladder at 5 AM isn't always pleasant, but its somewhat effective. There's also consistently going to bed at the same time, because the body really does work on a schedule.
    I've also had to take my alarm and put it across the room sometimes so I have to get up and turn it off.

3. apostrophied

Use a loud alarm and put it far away from your bed, and go to sleep earlier. That's the only things that help me... =\ 6 am sounds brutal, dude.

4. ThePhoenix

well I have had up to 2 alarms once, one was a regular alarm clock/radio that I moved to the opposite end of my room so I would have to get up to turn it off and one was on my phone and used a siren as its sound and they both worked for a time. I haven't really figured out the solution to this considering my alarm may or may not wake me up and sometimes I've woken up before I needed to. So my suggestion get the loudest most annoying sounding alarm and blast the volume see if that helps.

5. Pixelbro

This made me laugh. Yeah, no I don't think so.

About alarms, I literally cannot wake up to one. I gave up on setting one a couple months ago, but when I recently pulled an all-nighter I found out my alarm had been set for 6:30 AM for who knows how long. So I don't think alarms can help me at this point.

Thanks for the ideas though. Keep em coming! :thumbsup:

6. softsprite

Out Status:
    Some people
    The ideal amount of sleep for someone your age is 9 hrs, maybe a little more. So it's no surprise you can't wake up. When I was in school, some administrators were talking about how we should start school at 9 or 10am because it better suited the needs of teenagers. Go to bed really, really early if you can. No caffeine past noon!

7. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Avoid sugar, caffeine and stimulants so that you can go to bed earlier, and you should just wake up naturally before the specified waking time. Then get into a habit of going to bed at the same time (yes, weekends too if possible).

8. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  9. wandergirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    After you are awake, can u jump out of bed or do u have to struggle for several "10 minutes more" until you are able to start your day?
    there's an app that will set several alarms before your waking up time. this way you can start waking up slowly and by the time the real alarm time goes off your body is more ready to wake up. i don't remember the name of the app though :frowning2:

10. Yosia

alarms didn't use to work for me either but what I do is change it often, that way it is different and your mind is not used to it and wake up ^^

11. Lifesbegun

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It may sound silly, I once heard that if u tap ur head on the pillow once for each hour of sleep you want ur body wakes you up in time....never tried it but I did read it somewhere....

12. Ravi-VIXX777

Your body has a mental clock. It's best you go to sleep and wake up the same time to set the routine. For someone your age, you will need 8 hours and 20 minutes of sleep to function perfectly.

13. Pixelbro

14. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Doesn't work for everyone. Different people differ in how regular their body's rhythms are.

15. Claudette

Claudette Guest

I've got best results from Alarms that have random sounds to them, as my body often gets used to repetitive alarms. Most phones will have an app on their respective marketplace with such a feature

16. Will2M

Several people have suggested it but setting several alarms clocks and/or putting them far away from your bed so you have to get up is what works best for me. 6am sounds terrible, especially on weekends. Hope you find a solution..

17. Ravi-VIXX777

Very true. But consider that different age groups need different amounts of sleep. Teenagers need the most.

18. Meagan

Try going to bed at different times until you find the time that has you waking up in the morning naturally at the time you need to be awake.