1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heart Failure Sucks

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by DrkRayne, Mar 11, 2014.

1. DrkRayne

Dunno if I ever gave an update, but I was in the hospital a couple of weeks ago. After being sick for 3 months (I posted on here about it), I nearly had a heart attack..literally. it was found out that my heart isnt doing too well. Whoopy doo.
    I stayed in the hospital for 3 days, was released. I misunderstood my diagnosis until I went to my doctor yesterday for my first followup. I though I had early stage cardiomyopathy, but nope, I have congestive heart failure. Class II. I have an EF of 35% (30% is considered disability).
    All the pain I was in the pass 3, months, the weird lumps, were my kidneys crying out for help. I had 11lbs on fluid on my abdomen, my kidneys couldnt remove it, and here I thought i was just getting fat.
    They got the fluid off me, put me on bed rest and meds....and are now making sure my other organs werent damaged.
    I should start rehab soon.
    This bites...since I'm 26 and was relatively healthy.
    The big issue now is finding out why my heart is failing. My arteries are clean...so either its congenital (which is what they are guessing), I have an autoimmune disorder or I caught some type of infection or virus that spread to my heart.
    I'm sick of my family calling me every :***: day.
    I'm pissed that my entire life was put on hold.
    Im pissed that I'm too tired and weak to do the simplest things.
    I'm angry that some woman in the grocery store had the nerve to tell me to walk faster.
    I'm angry that the moment my partner and I had our lives in order, some shit like this happens.
    How the hell can I expect her to stay with me. I'm 26 and my heart is failing. She didnt sign on for this.
    And I don't know who to talk to about it.
    I can't talk to my folks...they...they don't freaking get it!!!!
    I went out to a bday party last weekend (before I knew it was CHF, I thought it was myopathy only). I didnt drink, I didnt eat bad, and I danced for like 5 minutes...and I ended up back in the freaking hospital.
    I just...I dunno

2. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Were you tested for Lyme disease?
    Undiagnosed Lyme can cause heart infection in some people. Lyme carditis.
    Standard test has up to a 70% false negative rate. Just a thought.
    Your wife loves you. Don't doubt her love and dedication to you. You may find your love gets deeper thru this experience. (*hug*)

3. Gen

Gen

Words are hardly every much in these situations, but I am truly sorry this is happening to you right now. Eleven pounds of fluid is insane. Had you been to the hospital before this recent event? I can't imagine that they would miss so much unless this all occurred very rapidly. Will they have any information on the type of disease your dealing with soon? Congenital heart disease and defects are the number one affliction past down to newborns worldwide and it is possible for viral infections can pass through the heart without too much longstanding damage as well so I would stay strong.

Your partner is with you because she truly loves you. Even if this disease turns into something that you will have to work through for the extent of your life, any one of us can get cancer, for instance, any day. There are so many diseases out there that do not care about genetics, health, lifestyle, or any other factor when deciding the lives they choose to disrupt or even silence. You wouldn't leave her some if something struck her tomorrow and I'm sure she would never consider doing so either.

4. sweetgayboy

sweetgayboy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    give me a hug (*hug*) u poor thing I'm really sorry all this shit happened. U don't deserve it and forget that stupid bitch who told u to walk faster I would've just said fuck off to her. That's shocking to me that u got heart failure at 26. Im so sorry that happened to u (*hug*) you're a very brave woman.

5. apostrophied

I'm so sorry you're going through this. I don't know what to say other than I'll be praying for a full and speedy recovery for you, followed by many years of good health. *hugs* Good luck.

6. Cap’nSerious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I pray for full recovery. My dad was diagnosed with cancer a few months ago, I know how tough it is. (*hug*)...

7. apostrophied

Hey, how's it going, DrkRayne? Been thinking about you, hope things are ok. Good luck.