1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pain in the butt

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Poring, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Poring

okay, for the past few days (it started monday I think), for some reason, my right butt cheek feels sore or something. Not the anus, the muscles thing itself.

Well, I usually only feel it when I sit on my ass for the whole day but lately, when I sit down for like ~45mins to 1 hour, it starts to hurt. Now, the pain isn't the whole ass area, its just the right cheek, like a part above the anus near where the waist line (though it doesn't go higher than that).

I don't really know what is up with this cause its not like I've done anything (like land on my ass nor have sex D: ). The only thing I can really think of is sit for hours, especially in school when after like half the class, it just hurts like hell for the whole day.

Usually, when I stand up and walk around, it goes away. I just want some insight on this strange (and humiliating!>.<) problem of mine D:

2. KaraBulut

A few questions:

Is the pain feel like a cramp or does it shoot down your leg?

How much body hair do you have in this area?

3. Poring

It doesn't feel like a cramp. Cause usually, when I sit down for like hours on end, it feels numb-ish. This time, its sorta like a throbbing pain but its centered on just a spot down there. Its not the whole ass cheek. So no, it doesn't shoot down my leg :\

Also, not that much, apart from the small amounts of hair in the anus area :S

4. KaraBulut

The two things that I was looking to rule out were sciatica/piriformis syndrome and pilonidal cyst.

The hair question is related to pilonidal cyst that is caused by an infection around hairs that grow in this area.

The fact that the pain isn't radiating lowers the chance that it is sciatica which is an irritation of the lumbar nerves that run from the lower spine through the buttock and into the leg.

The other possibilities are things that you would need to have a physical exam to evaluate. I would have to recommend that you have your doctor take a look at it.

5. Blaz

Blaz Guest

I have that same pain at times also. It turned out to be just from sitting around and in bad positions too much. You may need some more "cush for the push" so to speak.

6. Extreme26

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I think you should just try and avoid sitting on it for a few days, see if it goes away. I don't mean not to sit down because that would be impossible, but say you were sat watching TV, try and lie down so all the pressure isn't on the part that hurts.

If it doesn't go away then it would probably be advised to seek a medical opinion.

7. azrael2

Out Status:
    All but family
    maybe its to do with a spine injurie and the nerves are reacting

8. Chris

I think you may sit on it too much which may have led to some buising I really don't know that's just my best opinion!

9. Poring

hey! update to all.

It still hurts, but its slowly going away. I think I may have fallen or something, or maybe just killed my own butt by sitting on it for a long long time XD

Anyway, thanks guys! (!)