1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sleeping issues

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by ema228, Mar 26, 2014.

1. ema228

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    There are a few nights where I just don't feel tired or like sleeping until 2(at the earliest)-8am. Sometimes I won't sleep at all. My sleep pattern has been all over the place for the last month or so. There are nights where it's like I am energetic the way I would be in the middle of the day (!):eusa_danc (!!) and there are nights where I am tired, but my brain won't let me sleep. Is there anything I could do to fall asleep at a reasonable time? or even just fall asleep in general? Should I see a doctor about this sleep issue? Because of this sleep issue I had problems staying awake in school/attending school because I would just fall asleep and not wake up for anything.

Things I have already tried but don't help/things that I can't try
    .Melatonin(makes me sleep in on accident which is bad or makes me feel super groggy and crappy after I wake up)
    .Tea(any kind doesn't help)
    .Counting(counting backwards from a large number)
    .Decreasing caffeine intake(even with no caffeine it still happens)
    .Breathing strategy things

Any advice/help at all would be greatly appreciated

2. Mehmeister

try music, it could be anything from nature sounds to acoustic songs or even blues. i know the way you feel, hate it, the think that works for me is playing the intro to One by Metallica (good song) on guitar. like me you may need to find something that makes you shut down, like math tests and my brain lol. anyway it could be anythhing, you just need to do it when your tired and im pretty sure it'll help tire you at night. and if that doesn't work try doing lots of pushups/crunches etc. u'll be tired after a few of those...

3. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well it can be from many things

1.) If you are glued to electronics and lights that kee your brain stimulated. Should try not using phones or computers before bed.

2.) exercise, but earlier. Exercising is great but it can be stimulating as well so don't run a few miles before bed time. Do it in the afternoon.

3.) Get into a regular sleep pattern. I can almost get up at 6 every day at 6 now without a alarm. That helps regulate your circadian rhythm.

4.) Depression can influence this. Might want to talk with a doctor like you said. I tried to sleep a lot when depressed but the quality was horrible.

Hope you find what works.

4. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Having a regular pattern of sleep daily will help. No napping or sleeping in the day so you really need your night time sleep

It could be anxiety is keeping your mind active, or you are just a wired person that needs calming down a few hours before bed time

Try some music in the room to take your mind off things

Then there's herbal sleeping tablets

5. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Try a lower dose, and/or take it earlier. You want to time it so it'll be wearing off just before you need to wake up.

6. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Xanax and wine but that can be dangerous try melatonin and then when that doesn't work them use benadrill. Advil can also help u sleep to or listening to relaxing music like a Native American flute music.

7. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Any benzodiazepene plus a depressant is a REALLY bad idea. The problem with similar mixtures is too much inhibitors of neurological function can eventually cause the brainstem to shut down and most autonomic functions like... say breathing to cease.

Don't even joke about that.

8. Maeve

Try tart cherry juice. It's quite tasty. I've been drinking about 4oz a day, and I've noticed my length and quality of sleep improving.

I would avoid benadryl. It will make you sleepy, but your quality of sleep will likely be poor.

Other than that, I recommend getting into a good sleep routine with good sleep hygiene.