1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Painful, painful bottoming

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Direwolf, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Direwolf

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So my boyfriend and I have been together 2 years now. He is pretty decent at bottoming but I've never been good at it. No matter how often I do it, or how much I try, I get a sharp pain. Very sharp. Like I have tried hemorrhoidal suppositories...idk if I need to go to a butt doctor or what? We were doing it again tonight and it was fine at first (after getting over the initial pain of insertion), but after a while I started to feel the sharp pain again. I have had problems with hemorrhoids before, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case, but I just don't know what to do to fix my buttonhole :frowning2: It's really causing strain in our relationship as I can see he as grown tired of bottoming all the time, and I need to have sex more often then once every few weeks :frowning2: please help?

Ages: I am 22 and he is 24.

2. KiddlesP

I would recommend going to a doctor and getting things checked out, regardless of what the cause may be.

3. IsThisAName

Definitely get the hemorrhoids issue checked out, but another thing that could help if you haven't tried it yet. My best friend is gay and he said that he experienced pain with bottoming at first as well. He said he started using dildos on his own time and started out small and moved up by size a little at a time. Eventually he went up to a dildo the size of a penis and now he says he doesn't have problems bottoming anymore. I would suggest trying that :slight_smile: Good luck!

4. Jim1454

It is never a bad idea to be open and honest with your doctor about what kind of sexual activity you are involved in. They may or may not be able to help.

Presumably you're using a lot of lube. You really can't err on the side of having used too much. So make sure that isn't the problem. If you're OK at first and the pain comes later, that might be it.

Maybe it is a matter of position too. If you ride him, then you are controlling how fast and how deep - and you'll be able to adjust things to best suit yourself.

Otherwise, maybe it is a matter of trying to do too much too soon. How about letting him just finger you for a while. Or as someone has suggested, using a fairly small dildo and use it yourself. If you're not doing it very often, and you're anxious about it, then you're not likely relaxed - and that is going to be a factor for sure.