1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Too skinny

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by XTC1, Apr 1, 2014.

1. XTC1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Im roughly 6' tall and I weigh 115lbs and if you haven't guessed Im horribly underweight. Any tips on fast weight gain.

2. Cap’nSerious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Eat a lot of protein, lot of good natural fatty foods Peanut Butter Avocados, etc. I would also maybe consider seeing a doctor/ nutritionist about this...

3. BelleFromHell

Lotsa donuts and ice cream. It works for me! :wink:

4. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's actually not too bad. I was about that height and weight when I was 15.
    I'd recommend lots of protein (I don't recommend straight out fat) and some light body-building exercise like weights, sit ups, etc. (but not cardio like running or cycling).

No need to rush it, slower changes tend to last longer.

5. Jim1454

If you have concerns about your health you should definitely take it up with your doctor...

Basically though, you need to eat more calories than you burn to gain fat - and you need to exercise muscle to gain muscle.

As much as I'd love to have your problem, I know it's frustrating. But at 16, I expect you're still going to change physically. It might be a matter of putting in time.

6. justjade

As you get older, your metabolism slows. You're young. You've got a ways to go. I used to be 115lbs, but I'm 5'4". I put on about 15lbs after taking Prozac for a long time, as per the request of my psychiatric nurse practitioner. For the record, I don't recommend it. Now, I personally wouldn't worry too much about it, but if you genuinely feel unhealthy, I say you should do things to make yourself healthier, not necessarily heavier. It'll all work out.

7. positiveenergy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Very easy advise, first don't panic on the weight. Also, eat your three meals a day, lots of carbs, and continue to stay positive in your effort to gain some weight.:slight_smile:

8. XTC1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    kk thanks for the advice. its less of a medical issue than it is I don't like seeing most of my bones.

9. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I struggle to put on weight myself. If you are quite lean however, you should find it easier to put on weight through muscle.

Try exercising more, and eat plenty of protein, maybe throw in a protein shake. That what I have to do otherwise I'd end up really skinny.

Happy days :slight_smile:

10. nikidion

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't opt for fast weight gain. If you want to achieve more than just getting a belly for 6 months, then you have to make permanent changes in your diet. Look at what you eat. Think if there is anything you can add to that sandwich you regularly have (like butter, or extra slice of cheese, whatever), if you can add something to your lunch, add a snack inbetween your meals (a few bananas for example), if you can add more food to your dinners or just eat a bigger portion. If you don't make the changes permanent, you'll soon lose all the weight you've gained. Also, don't just go for eating cakes and other sweets and junk food. It's bad for you, plus you can get your face full of pimples :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

And yes, exercise. Don't do cardio, do strength training.

11. cava

Eat lots of protein, good carbs (whole grains and fruits), and healthy fats (salmon, avocado, olive oil). Get a good amount of exercise to build and maintain muscle. Most importantly, be patient. You're still young. A lot of people, especially XY people, tend to get much taller before they get any thicker (leading to the kindof lanky look that many get) so give it time.

12. Nerkpoop78

Sheesh... Lucky you:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I on the other hand am trying to lose weight.... Oh and don't force yourself to eat too much. It's not really good. Before you know it you might be obese:0 and eat healthy food like what they are saying^^^. Also eating lots of carbs will definitely help you gain weight. I mean that's how I got fat in the first place:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. apostrophied

Well, as it stands right now, what are you eating and how much exercise are you getting? Maybe you need to revise that balance if you are to actually change something.

Keep in mind that it's also possible you're just made like that. It sucks, but you're not the only one, I myself am not exactly chunky...

I'd also second, third, or fourth the advice to go to a doctor and a nutritionist.

14. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Gosh I'm 5'9 and weigh 110lbs and I thought that was underweight but eat fat foods and start working out.

15. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Y'all want some of my weight? I've got extra!

16. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm not underweight but it takes me a long time to again weight I have agained a little but I'm still skinny compared to other people when I take off my jacket people oh my god your so tiny . I say junk food helps and fatty meat but for me it doesn't always work I lose it real fast after a while maybe you just have a fast metabolism enjoy it why not

17. An0n

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some men would be happy to see their bone.

All jokes aside, nuts (not the man kind), protein... You know, as long has you eat healthily you shouldn't worry. You're a teen - guys generally shoot up (height ppl, get your minds out of the gutters) and then fill out. (Is everything an innuendo? I assure you it's not deliberate.)

18. Axxel

Axxel Guest

When I had this problem I threw in a couple of meal replacement shakes a day in addition to having the regular 3 meals. I built up at a pretty steady pace from doing that.

19. Tetra

I found that constantly eating (not huge portions, but just eating) really helped. I didn't like feeling really full all the time, so I'd just constantly eat whatever. I found it was easier to do that than to eat three large meals + snacks. Make sure you eat peanut butter/milk/bread/fruit/greek yogurt/meats. It doesn't have to be unhealthy stuff (actually, it shouldn't be). You want to gain the wait as muscle, not all as fat.

20. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't think it's anything to worry about I was the same at your age