1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you get pen marks off a dildo ?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by stocking, Apr 3, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I stored my dildo in my purse and when I went in my purse to check on it it had pen marks and on it and I don't know how to get it off is it safe to use still ? is there anyway i can get this off

---------- Post added 3rd Apr 2014 at 10:42 AM ----------

it's a silicone dildo by the way

2. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    depending on the material you can try alcohol (rubbing alcohol not booze) Don't know about if its safe to use afterwards, I guess it depends on the amt. left over.

---------- Post added 3rd Apr 2014 at 02:03 PM ----------

Forgot to add, clean the alcohol off with antibacterial soap and water.

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    ok I'll try it man I hope this thing comes off does it matter how many days it was on the dildo ? it's been like two days . :confused:

#3 stocking, Apr 3, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  4. confusedinnh

confusedinnh Guest

Another thing you can try if the rubbing alcohol doesn't work is toothpaste[/I. I've used toothpaste in the past to remove ink from clothing after it was washed and it works wonders.

5. rainmustfall

rainmustfall Guest

What cleaning method you use depends on the type of ink and what surface the ink is on. A porous surface may mean the ink won't come out. The problem is a lot of the new synthetics that dildos are made of react badly to alcohol, and it could cause a chemical reaction weakening the material. If the ink is on the surface soap an water should do the trick as long as the ink is non-oil based, but if the ink has stained or seeped in it may be time to invest in a new toy. Never thought my knowledge of art materials would be useful in *this* context, lol.

6. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't want to buy a new one because this was so expensive the good thing is l have two dildos ,I tried the alcohol and it didn't damage it but l will try toothpaste and see I also brought the soap

7. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I found out it's not 100 % silicone which sucks the ink still hasn't come off and I washed it 5 times last night:icon_sad:

8. fortheloveoflez

Chemist here...and this is such a chemistry question...haha so basically I'd look at this if I were you. Chemical Compatibility Database from Cole-Parmer

The reason why it's important to look at this site or understand is because it tells you if your "cleaning" chemical can potentially destroy your material...so ya, there might be some substances that get off the ink but leave damage to the silicon and you don't want that.

Usually, the go-to for chemists is "clean with acetone for polar substances". However, I think that with acetone, if you leave it on for too long it will corrode the material...so just use the website as a tool. On the left side click on silicon and on the right side pick your chemical...then click "see results". It should tell you at least some thing...

9. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    it said not to use it anymore :icon_sad: this sucks now I have to throw it away

10. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't know how and where you cleaned it exactly but maybe you can still use it with a condom?

11. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I might buy some condoms online . -__- I'm thinking I need to save up for a new one the sad part is I didn't store it properly and this is what caused this to happen . I'll have to buy some stuff for it to store it well .