1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loss of pleasure

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by CyberStar, Apr 3, 2014.

1. CyberStar

I am a sixteen year old male (still trying to decide what exactly I am - not straight, that's all I know, in case it's relevant), and I have been masturbating for quite a while now. But recently, I don't find as much pleasure in it as I used to. I masturbate when I go to bed at night before I go to sleep, and I usually do it once to three times (usually once, maybe three if I'm really horny that day). Mostly I (being a lefty) use my left hand toward the top. I have tried anal a couple of times, and I really like when I do both at the same time, but when I try anal only, I can't climax.

Another thing that I noticed was that after I started masturbating frequently, my zits have spread so I now have small red spots on my chest (which I shave) and top of my back (which I do not), and the salicyclic acid I put on my face every night before I go to bed isn't really helping much. Anyone have any advice?

2. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wait... You mean in one single night you keep doing it until you climax... 3 times? In one sitting?
    I think you might just be getting less horny as you're getting older. Out of habit, you keep doing it every day but perhaps your body isn't really driving for that frequency at the moment. And if you do it more frequently than your drive requires, yeah, it's not going to be a good as when you're really wanting it. So maybe try doing it maybe every 2 or 3 days and see if that helps.

Zits shouldn't be affected by it, although they can be affected by a change in hormones which could explain a change in sex drive.

Other things that can numb the experience are certain medications. Idk if you're on anything, but SSRIs (antidepresants) are infamous for having that effect.

If you're REALLY worried, seeing a doctor can't hurt.

Hope it gets better soon :slight_smile:

3. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As you masturbate more often the same way, you'll probably notice that it gets more stale, or you don't enjoy it quite as much. That's pretty typical. Just mix it up. Do some different techniques, try edging, etc.

As for the anal masturbation - It's completely normal to enjoy anal masturbation, but only while jacking off. I myself rarely enjoy anal without jacking off.
    Some people like it, some people need to jack off simultaneously. It's a personal thing.

The zits are probably unrelated. Talk to your doctor about them. I'm on medication for them.
    Let me know if you have any questions/concerns that stem from this.

4. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sometimes you've got to spice things up and get a little variety in it. I wish I could say more or give you some suggestions.

5. CyberStar

No, I'm not that horny! :slight_smile: I only do that on nights I'm really wired, and just can't get to sleep. Sometimes if I'm awake longer than normal, I do it twice. Usually I masturbate once, and possibly a second time without climaxing, but usually just the once.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions. :slight_smile: