1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dark Circles

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by silentsound, Jul 23, 2008.

1. silentsound

Ok, so this is kind of a cosmetic issue, but I didn't know where else to post it.

Regardless of how much sleep I have gotten I always have dark circles/bags under my eyes. I try to cover it with makeup but it doesn't work as well as I would like. Any suggestions?

2. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I have the same problem.

I do get enough sleep. Even after a week's holiday when i have had loads of sleep they are still about the same.

Multi-vitamins help somewhat for me, but they are still there just not so bad. Drinking plenty of water helps too. No real solutions though, just things that help a bit.

So I'd be interested to see the suggestions here too.

3. berileos

berileos Guest

I heard that you can put the spoon which was exposed to cold water below your eyes.Didn't try it though.I remember I had the same problems but I don't remember how it suddenly disappeared:eusa_doh:It will remain a mystery...

4. KaraBulut

The first thing that you should do it rule out a physical cause- anemia and allergies are among the illnesses that have dark eye circles as a symptom.

Some people have just have pigmentation or a pad of fat under their eyes- often it's something than is hereditary. A concealer can often hide the pigmentation when you wear make-up.

There are also bleaching cremes that a dermatologist can prescribe that sometimes help lighten the pigmentation in the area. If the bleaching cremes do not resolve the pigmentation, there are some new therapies like phototherapy that can also be used to lighten the area.

5. Mind Freak

I've heard cold cucumbers, potatoe slices, cold spoons, ice in a paper towel, and sleeping with your head elevated helps.

I tried the cucumbers and it worked but I ran out of cucumber so it just went back. The head elevated worked for me a bit too but its just really uncomfortable for me so I stopped.

6. Lava421

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have the same problem, and I think it really makes me look unattractive and younger than I am. Though, I believe my allergies to dust mites cause it, considering I wake up with inflamed eyes everyday. :frowning2:

7. Antrioss

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I used to have that problem when I was depressed while trying to discover my sexuality. Maybe it's emotional, or maybe it's just me.

8. Nanzuniko

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Oh God I hate those. I have them too. I get a little above average amount of sleep, so I doubt that's the problem. I used to be stressful so maybe that's the reason. Also, I don't eat enough (we don't have enough food D=) so that may also be a factor.

9. unouxx3me

unouxx3me Guest

Yes they are annoying...for me normal amounts of sleep help it out, but when you over sleep it does the same thing as making it seem like you haven't slept. Did that help?

10. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    This is interesting. My 4 year old nephew always has dark circles under his eyes. His mother has the same problem although hers aren't quite as bad. He also suffers from asthma so maybe they are from allergies. I was wondering if he was vitamin deficient in some way.

11. KaraBulut

12. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have the same thing. I've had them forever - you can see them in photos of me when I was about 4 or 5. I've had chronic sinusitis for most of my life, and get bad hayfever and some allergies, maybe that has something to do with it?

13. Ben

Ben

I used to get these quite bad. Lack of sleep makes the skin around the circles paler, as old age also thins the skin. These both emphasize dark circles. I don't know what causes them though.

Make sure you are eating plenty of vitamins, and drink enough water. Also make sure you sleep enough.

Here - try this site:
    http://www.darkcirclesundertheeyes.com/

14. Knowing Me

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have had them for as long as I can remember and nothing has gotten rid of them for me. I've just kinda gotten used to them, they have sort of become the thing that only I notice about myself.

15. panda

I have no idea whether this product works.I heard it on the radio.Miracle cure.Free trial.Fixes dark circles under eyes.

!-800-517-9867

FREE TRIAL

16. BoiCub

Had them my whole life. Just either a hereditary trait or it can be a deficiency.

17. Alexander

Try changing your pillowcase every day, and wash your sheets as often as possible. It's a little bit of hassle at first, but once you get into the routine, the benefits are totally worth it.

18. Jordan31

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    hey,i've got them too, try drinking more water, and i think i read somewhere that they can be caused by an iron defficiency.. hope this helps