1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blood blister?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by theMaverick, Apr 4, 2014.

1. theMaverick

Or something similar to that. On the head of my penis. The other day, I noticed a strange sensation where my penis rubs up against my underwear. I kind of ignored until I went to the bathroom and noticed this dark mark on the head. It looked like dried blood, so I tried to wipe it off with a wet towel but it didn't come off. It's been there for maybe 4 days now. It looks sort of a like a blister with a slightly raised area except its dark red, blood colored. It's not oozing or growing or anything, and in fact when I checked this morning it looks like it MIGHT be getting a little smaller but I'm not sure. I realize I should probably go to the doctor but at the moment, we don't have insurance since my dad is changing jobs and we have to wait 30 days or something like that, so I'm just trying to find out if I should be concerned.

2. thrnvlpidj

Dallas County Health and Human Services offers testing for sexually transmitted diseases at the department’s central office location and in the mobile medical unit.

The clinic is located on the first floor of the DCHHS building, 2377 N. Stemmons Freeway in Dallas, in Room 100.

Services offered can include testing, some same-day results, an exam and treatment. The fee is $20.

The STD clinic offers confidential testing for Gonorrhea, Chlamydia, Syphilis, HIV, Herpes with symptoms, Trichomonas, Chancroid with symptoms and Yeast Infections.

Diagnosis is based on client symptoms, medical history, STD exposure and lab results.

Medication is offered on-site to treat clients for their infections. Preventable treatment is also provided for clients exposed to STDs.

The clinic is open from 8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday. On Fridays, the clinic closes at 4:30 p.m.

Call 214-819-1819 at 7:45 a.m. for a same-day appointment.

3. theMaverick

Thanks for the info, however I'm not sexually active and haven't been in almost 2 years, so I really don't think it could be an STD. I mean...could it?

4. thrnvlpidj

It's possible to pick up an infection and have no noticeable symptoms but I mainly suggested an STD clinic because they are free, or low cost.

5. theMaverick

Oh okay! Well thanks, I'll see if I can get down there to check it out.

6. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some STDs have very long latency periods. Especially Herpes Simplex and Human Paploma Virus

7. theMaverick

Now that's horrifying. Freaking out a little bit now :-/ I've gotten cold sores on and off throughout life but that's been going on since I was a kid and I've never had anything in the genital area.

---------- Post added 4th Apr 2014 at 05:18 PM ----------

Quick search for those viruses and the pictures don't look like what I have.

What does an STD test consist of? Like when you go in?

8. thrnvlpidj

Even if it does clear up over the weekend it might be a good idea to get tested anyways.

9. theMaverick

Yeah, I've known I should get tested ever since I started having sex, I just never have. I have a fear of needles and the like, so I've not been as up on my healthcare as I should have been. As soon as I get insurance though, I'm gonna do it all. This though, I'll take care of this as soon as I can.

10. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Depends on what specifically they are testing for, but generally it's a painless swab.

11. thrnvlpidj

I'm afraid my penis will shrivel up and fall off.

12. theMaverick

That...puts things into perspective, certainly.