1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what's the best way to care for a dildo that aren't 100% silicone ?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by stocking, Apr 4, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I want to prevent my toys from damaging and having to replace them anyone have any good advice on how to keep them safe . I brought a dildo cleaner and lint free towels but how do I store them and keep them safe from harm . also I want to experiment with glass how do I care for that ?when I buy condoms how do I get the right size for it ?

2. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If it's mostly silicone, then soap and water works. You can also put them in boiling water, but I'd do that more of as a... monthly clean or something. Soap and water'd get most of it.

As for condom size - You should have the specs (length, girth) of your dildo, so just pick the condom size that best suits those specifications. If it doesn't work, adjust the size of the condom you buy.

The best way to keep them safe is to keep them in a place where they won't be messed with all the time and out of the sunlight.

As for glass, cleaning is the same as silicone.

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    can zip lock bags be a good thing ? I put my first one in my purse and now it's damaged with ink stains

4. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't know if they sell cases made for a dildo but I think you can find a case that would fit your toy, e.g. a fabric pencil box. Or if you can sew you could make one yourself. When you buy condoms there's size written on the package, or you can find it on the Internet. I'd choose the size that fits best the size of your toy.

5. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think I'll keep my old toy and just use condoms on it and save up for a better toy then throw it out . I'll look for a pencil box

#5 stocking, Apr 4, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  6. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe with glass, but if there's any leftover moisture on your dildo, I'd be weary of putting it in a plastic bag because it basically locks it in there and it could get funky real fast.
    Why not just leave it at home haha? I can't imagine carrying one around in my backpack.

7. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I put it in a purse don't use , but yeah it's best to leave it at home I just don't want my mom finding it