1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drinking pee?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by gaynerd64, Apr 4, 2014.

1. gaynerd64

I've heard it is healthy to drink urine... Is that true?

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No and that's gross.

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's relatively clean and not exactly lethal, but yeah, no. Your body gets rid of it for a reason. The only situation where you should drink urine is if you have absolutely no options left before drinking contaminated water or dying of dehydration.

4. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I just googled it. Apparently it's not too bad? Which is kinda reasonable because there might be excess vitamins. But still way to gross for me

5. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Okay, I wouldn't go as far as calling it "healthy" since that would mean promoting it. However, it is sterile, and not necessarily lethal/harmful. People have drank urine to survive in situations where water was unavailable, but that's the only time I'd promote it.

6. BelleFromHell

I don't know if it's healthy, but I know it's safe.

[​IMG]

7. Ridiculous

As far as bodily fluids go it is probably the safest, other than sweat. The urine itself is usually mostly sterile (unless you've got a bladder or urinary tract infection) - things can be picked up as it passes out of your body though. And of course while the urine itself may be relatively safe, genitalia can host STIs like HPV, so contact with those is where the risk comes from.

Put it this way: if you're handed a glass of someone's saliva and a glass of someone's urine, the urine is generally going to be safer. But coming into contact with someone's saliva by kissing them is safer than coming into contact with someone's urine by giving them a blowjob.

8. Closetlesbian99

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's gross, but probably won't kill you.

9. apostrophied

I don't know, your body excretes waste, including chemicals, through urine. I can't exactly see how that could be healthy to drink.

10. Kat 5

Only do it if your name is Bear.

11. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It's nasty but I heard some people use it to help with their headaches but that is the nastiest thing i ever heard of doing even if it's your own pee

12. Incognito10

I've only heard of it in the context of water sports or golden showers, but not actually drinking, as in, "please, I'll have a glass of piss..."

13. BelleFromHell

I'd drink my own piss if I was in the middle of a desert dying of dehydration, but that's it. There's no way I'd drink someone else's piss.
    I drink about 10 glasses of water a day, so hopefully I won't ever need to. :lol:

14. Kiss Da Girl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Urine is drinkable , in fetishes such as omorashi and watersports thats kind of the whole point / not the whole point but it happens . /

Now if that was all you where to drink you would probably die , or at least thats what I recall from a old documentary on strange addictions on youtube . - look up the my strange addiction show and then pee and it will probably come up with the answer to this question . -

15. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Biochemically speaking..
    Urine contains:

Water
    Urea
    Salts composed of Sodium, Posassium, Calcium, Chlorine, Fluorine
    Creatinine

And various biochemical waste products of cellular metabolism rich in nitrogen such as ammonia and the aforementioned urea.

So, reingesting excreted salts and unusable cellular chemistry bi products is entirely counter to the way your body works.

So to put it bluntly, drinking urine is stupid and unhealthy. It is called a waste product for a reason.

---------- Post added 5th Apr 2014 at 02:04 AM ----------

Actually, drinking your own urine might slake your thirst temporarily but that would up your electrolyte content while eventually losing that water through perspiration and breathing. That would dehydrate you even more.

16. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to be pretty well connected in alternative health and medicine circles and so I've heard about or run into just about every quacky remedy/treatment/approach out there.

I remember that auto-urine therapy (as it was called) was sort of in vogue among some circles of people in the 1980s and perhaps before. The argument in favor was that there were all of these nutrients that your body could use, and I knew a couple of people who did it and swore it gave them more energy.

Personally, I was never convinced and never saw any need to try it. The biggest issue is... that's one of your body's primary ways of eliminating wastes and toxic byproducts of things you breathe in or eat. Secondarily, it's eilminating excess vitamins and minerals and so forth that your body can't use.

So it's sort of hard to argue that it's providing valuable nutrients if those nutrients are ones your body got rid of because they were excess to what it needed, and even harder to argue there's any benefit in re-ingesting waste/toxic elements that your body eliminated.

I'm sure the auto urine therapy proponents have counter-arguments to these points but I never found any of them persuasive.

17. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ok, I study TCM and in general am interested in many kinds of alternative ways so I read about urinotherapy and tried it 4 years ago.
    Speaking about the taste, it's the same as with any other body fluids and really depends on one's diet. If you're vegetarian and drink lots of water the urine stays lighter and tastes according what you ate, so it can even taste like fruits. On the other hand, when you eat lots of meat and dairy products the urine's taste is really bad.
    I haven't drank urine since then but sometimes gargle with urine or do neti (yoga nasal cleaning) with urine when I feel like start having signs of cold, sore throat and so. Sometimes I use it on my hair. :icon_wink

18. To the people saying ew gross: different strokes for different boats.

And it's not exactly unhealthy, but I'm sure it isn't exactly good for you. As long as it's your own urine, there isn't really a risk.

19. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's supposedly good enough for astronauts onboard the space station. Or did you mean unfiltered?

20. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'll make a mental note. That would have never occured to me :lol: