1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Klonopin for Anxiety...

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Austin, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I made a thread before about cymbalta and the sexual side effects. Thank you to everyone who replied and offered advise. :slight_smile: Well, the next thing my doctor said I should try is klonopin 0.5 mg once a day (may try 0.25 mg to begin..). I'm concerned about a few things: I am a biology major, taking organic chemistry and biochemistry so I need my focus and memory a lot... Will klonopin affect memory formation and such? And is it gonna be addicting? And feel free to post your experiences I'm curious. I'm going to wait until after my biochemistry test Monday to try it...

2. Idk about memory, but klonopin is a benzo like Valium and Xanax, so it's possible you could become addicted to it. Benzos are supposedly one of the best meds for anxiety, but they're pretty difficult to get before going through a bunch of other meds first. I'd just take them and judge for yourself. All people are different.

3. Theron

As someone who regularly takes Xanax, the medication leaves me feeling numb long-term after taking an evening dose and can make waking up fully more difficult. I only take a very tiny dose in conjunction with other medications for PTSD (and the depression and anxiety that goes with it).

4. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm thanks for the input. Klonopin is supposed to be longer acting than Xanax so is supposed to be more well balanced, aka less sedation I guess. :/