1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swearing

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by gaynerd64, Apr 6, 2014.

1. gaynerd64

Is swearing really beneficial to people or is that just made up?

2. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love swearing.

It's just words but it has the power to make me feel good.

3. It's not really beneficial, but I do it. Excessive swearing is annoying though. Dropping an f bomb in every sentence makes someone look really unintelligent IMO. Especially around small children. That irks me.

4. SleepyT

Out Status:
    Some people
  5. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Depends who you are swearing to? I actually very rarely swear so it has more effect when I do! You know it is serious business when I drop the uncensored f-bomb. I usually just type f**k or say damn aloud instead though. People laugh when they learn I've never swore in front of my parents. My dad swears almost all the time, whatever, he probably got it from the people he works with. If you consider 'Hell' and 'damn' to be cusswords then I swear a lot.

I can vouch for that. Let me tell you about the time I dropped a PS2 on my foot. Also the time I tripped over my own feet and a radiator dug into my foot. I think I said every swear-word I know in the German language and English. It distracts you a bit.

Violent video games can ease pain
    It's a small study. It's something I've noticed since I was a kid though. Personally I've found violent video games to be most helpful with mild pain. Moderate pain and above required intervention.

6. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

My vocabulary really took a turn for the worse getting together with my ex. She had a mouth like a sailor, lol. And my previous workplace was pretty bad about that king of influence. Been making kind of a casual attempt to fix it back up a little, but it's hard...goddammit. :wink: