1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The mystical six pack

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Sotv, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Sotv

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If there's one thing all gay guys have in common it is a healthy love for abs. With this in mind I'm wondering what the best way to get visible and and a V?
    So far I go to the gym 3 times a week doing weights (for two months now) just to get in the habit. There are a few questions I want to ask for anyone with or without experience but has some knowledge.
    1) how important is cardio ?
    2) what diet should I have?
    3 is there an ideal time in the daily routine to work out
    4) how often should I work out?
    I'm currently 5ft11" and weigh 163lb

2. Mehmeister

hmmmm abs tehe....
    you should try get into a class in your gym and the instructor will most likely know the best way. my guess ideas (not professional) is that you MUST eat healthy (eat you veggies!!!) and meat. also, lifting weights alone i don't think will give you abs because they more work your arms. From my boot camp days we did a lot of crunches and planks etc. basically, lots of core work and a healthy diet!

hope this helps!

3. Shea

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think a lot of it has to do with what body type you're born with. I already have visible abs, especially when I flex. It's just they way I'm naturally built. But before anyone hates me, I'm also only 4'11". Momma Nature is a twisted bitch.

4. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Don't forget your only 13, you still have 7+ years to grow!

If you want lean abs, hoola hooping is good for it.

5. Ridiculous

Read this.

Abs are about 60% determined by how much bodyfat you have, 20% determined by how much water weight you are carrying, and only about 20% determined by how developed your ab muscles actually are. You could have the most magnificently strong and huge ab muscles, but whether they are visible or not is pretty much always going to be determined by 1 or 2% body fat.

The adonis belt (I think this is what you are referring to when you say the 'V') is similar although that's very much determined by genetics. Some people have a very prominent overlap and others (like me) will just have a pathetic little groove. There isn't a lot you can do about this but oblique and regular ab workouts will make it more prominent.

6. blimmr

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You do know abs don't mean your healthy right... some people are born with them and healthy body figures but are weak as twigs.

Anyway, if you're looking to gain abs then you should look into weight lifting. You're trying to gain, not lose muscle and fat as that is what cardio does.

7. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

After YEARS of carrying around a spare tire, I finally have a flat belly again. (Thank you, corset!) However, I know I have no hope of ever having any real ab definition. I have a very inelastic epidermis and a medication-induced "ballooning" I had many years ago translates to quite a bit of loose skin hanging off my midsection. :frowning2: I hope there are guys out there who like a flat, if soft belly.