1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Painful breasts

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Axxel, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Axxel

Axxel Guest

Hi there lovely people!

I decided a few days ago to start going braless. There were a few reasons: the first is that I read it may help improve lymphatic flow. The second is that I find bras uncomfortable, and the third is because I realized the only reason I wore them was to give myself cleavage, which I don't actually care about, and was only doing to try and get attention from other people through my physical sex.

So far it's been going fairly well. I have an average sized chest and it feels much more comfortable now. The shape looks a bit rounder which is an unexpected bonus. The only problem is that my breasts have been quite sore - not a lot of pain, just aching a bit. The sources I've found that discuss it say it's because the ligaments that support them are getting stronger. Does this sound about right or do you think it's a cause for concern? I don't want to inadvertently give myself health issues.

Thanks for reading!
    Alex.

2. cava

Ligaments are not the same as muscles so I don't think they're getting stronger necessarily. I find that I experience discomfort and pain when I go braless, but I have larger than average breasts so I can't say if it would be the same. You won't cause any serious health problems one way or the other, so it's a matter of how you feel most comfortable.

As a side note, if you decide you're more comfortable wearing a bra, make sure it's the right size. So many people are wearing the wrong size, and that might be part of why you found them so uncomfortable.