1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Been having these suicidal ideas for so long, scared

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by HuskyPup, Apr 8, 2014.

1. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Apologies for the profanity, I seldom swear, but I have to let this out.

Not doing too good, here. Took way too many sleeping pills and drank liquor, woke up all bruised and crazy. Nose and elbows were bleeding. I think, sometimes, I want to die. In fact, I don't just think, I know. Death has been there in the background more and more, and it's getting hard to ignore the summons. Besides, maybe I've lived enough. Had a few good years, now, well, maybe it's time to cash in my chips. My partner would get a million dollars, from my life insurance, so long as it looked like an accident. He could join me later, if there's a heaven, and all that, Maybe there is, I dunno.

I don't mean to sound dramatic, but it's like all hope and the life has run out of me. I have a plan. There is this dam, a reservoir, where the water flows out at the bottom, a very sharp undertow. Prettyboy Reservoir. Such an ironic name. I think that would be peaceful. Nobody cares about how much my teeth hurt, or my body. Nobody cares about my pain. No money, no care, simple as that. I just can't see any future. My therapist is a bitch, she hates me, too. Fuck her up the ass with a barbed zucchini. I'd shoot myself in her fucking office, if I liked guns. I worry, I worry.

I own nothing. No house, no $, no real good experience at anything useful. Bad credit, bad references, Bad person. A no good shit. A no good son of a bitch. Fucked.

I need dental care, badly. But the dental school says I make too much, my insurance sucks, I can't afford the co-pays/deductibles, (shit, I can barely afford food most days) which would be in the thousands, and I have other issues, I can't even afford to address, because they all want money, and I don't have money. Or credit, or anything.

I work/commute 70 hours a week, and make jack shit. Got straight As in HS and college, didn't amount to nothing.

Nose was bleeding in the car on the way in. How did I even wake up? Did I even sleep? What happened to the phone? Can't find that. Wiped the blood on the mirror. Must have cut my nose. No black eyes, that's good. Elbow bleeding at work, had to get my act together, look passable, not crazy, like I am. Look OK, OK? I was filling out this form for somebody, then I got blood all over it, from my elbow. "Whoops, sorry. Paper cuts, occupational hazard of libraries", I joked. I am not OK, but must look OK. Must work, even if it does not pay enough to live. Go though the motions another year. The strain is killing me. I'm sorry to spill all this out. But i"m sinking, fast. I never felt this hopeless, even when I was a teen, it's worse now. Not as much time to fix things. Not all that many years left, to take a hard look at things. And I feel there is nobody to help me, because I don't have the money, and they ALL want money: teeth, jaw, neck, body, soul. Sucking me dry. I'd love to commit suicide at a hospital to say, look, "You couldn't save me, could you?" No, you wanted money, and I have none. "Fuck you, and fuck your mother, fuck the day I was born, fuck all of this, and fuck all of the saints in heaven!"

I hate how you have to have $$$$$ for people to give two fucks about your health, and to get seen. I am so tired and sad. I'm not sure I'll last till age 50. Maybe 48. Two years. I just can't take this anymore. I want so badly to just swallow all the pills, and jump in that reservoir, and feel that numbing cold water. Cold, clean water, drawing me down. It seems so soothing. And I can't even share this at FTF...no, they'd say I was 'too dramatic'. Can't even be myself........can not even say how i feel, and there is no care out there for me. Fuck life, fuck this world.

And no, I refuse to surrender myself to the abuses and lack of dignity of mental hospitals. Nobody I know has ever benefited from them, they come out brain-dead zombies, and still sad, only numb and fucked over even more with legal troubles, and even more debt. Like that would help.

So, no. I'd rather die, than go to someplace where they're gonna treat me like shit, like a slab of meat.

I see no future for a person who sucks at math and computers, but writes decent poetry, nobody wants that, and they treat teachers worse than slaves, these days. I don't see any future.

I'll miss you guys,

love you,

h pup

PS...I wish I could send PMs, but they told me I was too weird to be a full member. Sorry, I even failed at that.

#1 HuskyPup, Apr 8, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  2. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

Don't let hope go. Even if it doesn't seem as there is something!!
    Maybe you should talk to people that are experienced with suicidal problems and that can help you! I'm serious. Even if you don't want them to help you. Not all people are bad!!
    Don't go

3. BelleFromHell

Please don't give in to those shitty feelings! :frowning2:

I've contemplated suicide twice, so I have an idea of what you're feeling.
    I have bipolar disorder and I don't take any treatment for it at all. I'm uninsured, so I couldn't if I wanted to. I had a full-blown manic episode recently. The last time I had a manic episode, I almost commited suicide, so it was pretty scary for me.

The only person I know who doesn't discriminate against me lives in Nevada, so it's tough...

My advice would be to do whatever makes you happy.
    Read, watch a TV show, draw, write, sing, talk to a friend, anything that'll help you ignore these thoughts.

4. Nick07

Hmm.
    Would you sell your bf for a million dollars?

Some days suck. Sometimes years suck. What your partner think about the situation?

I am sorry, I used to write long answer to suicidal threads, but... yeah, some months are not optimistic. But so far, the swing always moved to the other direction and things got a bit better. So I am patient.

Get a new therapist or call a helpline.

---------- Post added 8th Apr 2014 at 09:59 PM ----------

Why would you think that people like only those who are good at math? :eek:

I am sure the admins gave you a different reason. I seriously doubt they told you you were weird.

5. DangerAlex

I am so, so very sorry you are having these feelings. I know exactly where you're coming from. Several years ago, I was engaged to the girl I thought was the love of my life... until she told me she was pregnant, that the baby might not be mine, and that she was leaving me for a guy I hated with every fiber. At the same time, my best friend--he was more like a brother to me--betrayed me, leaving me high and dry. In six months, I tried to kill myself twice, and was very close to succeeding the second time. I was in intensive care at the hospital for over a week, and then was put on lockdown for suicide watch for 30 days after that. It was the darkest time in my life, and it's hard to even think about that period sometimes.

But since then, I've become such a different person. Although I wanted nothing more than to end my pain, instead I created a network and surrounded myself with supportive people. Some of the best advice I got was from a friend who said: "When you can't go any lower, the only place to go is up. If you gave up now, you'd miss out on some of the best experiences of your life." As simple as that sounds, something about that advice really resonated with me. I always had goals, dreams, things I wanted to do and experience in my lifetime, but when I lost everyone important to me, I was telling myself good things would never happen for me, that I might as well just put myself out of my misery.

I'm so glad that I didn't, because my friend was totally right; I would have missed out on some of the most incredible, wonderful things.

For starters, I graduated college, went to grad school, moved across the country, and made new friends in some really honest-to-goodness good, supportive, kind, caring, intelligent individuals. I also met the real love of my life, and he has made me happier than I ever thought I could possibly be. He's my reason I now grab life by the balls, the reason why I try to be the best version of myself that I can be. He is so very good to me, cares about me more than even my own family, and he loves me. He loves me; I don't understand it--I'm nothing special--, but his love is the most precious gift I've ever received.

I've been as low as you feel right now. Lower, even. When you're in such a deep hole, it feels impossible to crawl out of it. But it's possible. And not only is it possible, it's worth it. Don't give up. Things seem bad now, but mountains are meant to be climbed and concquered. And if life was easy, we would never have feelings of accomplishment, appreciation, gratefulness, ambition, and the rewarding feeling you get when all your hard work yields amazing results.

You are loved. It may not seem like it, but you are. Beautiful things are waiting for you, but you can't give up if you want them. Life is hard, but it is also wonderful. You can quit a job and find a new one, start a savings account, fall in love, move across the country, take medication to cure a health problem, make new friends, get rid of old ones, travel to the far corners of the continents... but death is immutable. Once you take that leap, it can't be undone, and you'll have missed out on some of the most wonderful things the world has to offer.

#5 DangerAlex, Apr 8, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  6. BelleFromHell

I agree. I'm also terrible with math, but I love science and history. I used to draw a lot, but I've lost my touch and I'm trying to get it back.

I think it's great that you can write poetry! :icon_bigg
    I'm a terrible writer and I admire people that can write.

I sent a full member request a while ago, but I haven't heard anything back. I don't think the admins like me too much.

7. lordsnow

I understand where your coming from. I have thought about suicide multiple times before, a few times I even laid in bed at night with a bottle of pills, thinking about how much better the world would be without me. I WAS WRONG!!!!! you were put on this earth for a reason, you may not know it yet. But this reason will become clear to you sooner or later.

8. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks, everyone for all the support. It's hard. I think having been so broke for so long has worn on me, and not being able to find a way to make a living wage. That's maybe the hardest pat, being denied health and dental care because I don't have $$$ or credit. Then, they treat you like dirt, like your pain doesn't matter, because only the pain of the rich and well-insured really matters in America. And I even have insurance, but can barely afford to ever use it. That's hard on me, that and not being bale to afford to do much that's fun.

I still don't know how much longer I can hold on. The older I get, the harder it is.

I'm gonna try and see a different therapist, this last one didn't help at all, and made me feel a lot more guilty, like she was always scolding me. I can afford to go a few times a month, as the co-pay is low on this, for some reason, though I sure wish my teeth/neck/jaw were not in so much pain...

9. Nick07

How have you been?
    Just a thought. Have you considered applying for a job abroad?

10. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry you are having such a hard time, but you know, you can push through. It just takes determination and a degree of intrepidity.

Firstly, it doesn't matter if no one places value on your life, because it is valuable to the one person that matters here, "you". You only get to live once, but you know, if you do it right, that can be enough.

You have clearly been through a lot of crap and we can see that, but it takes real strength to pick yourself out of the gutter. And I'd wager you have that, because you have posted here, which I see as a call for help of someone who does want to get past this.

I certainly can relate to feeling worthless. I left school with pretty much jack shit. I had a boring manual labour job that I hated, no friends, and had hardly any money ever. I was manically depressed and hated my life. But I thought, you know there are plenty if people out there who are going through hell and I'm not going to sit back and carry on being one of them. So I saved and worked and saved and work and I re-educated myself through distance learning doing a degree in my spare time which I paid for myself whilst also having a relationship and children. It took 7 years but it paid off. Now I'm better off and and perusing a career I love.

So my point is here, you should never give up. Life can be hard and sometimes you may feel it's not worth it. But try and find the strength I bet is there and you won't see a better future. You'll make one for your self.

I hope things work out for you. Take care...and

Happy days :slight_smile: