1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In need of thoughts/opinions...?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by PinkCammelia90, Apr 14, 2014.

1. PinkCammelia90

So I read an article a little while ago which I had mixed feelings about afterwards...

Essentially, it was about lesbian sex while on your period. The article itself was promoting oral sex while your partner was menstruating, and insisted that this is backed by medical professionals as a perfectly safe and hygienic thing to practice.

Now obviously everyone's different - I would never judge someone for their sexual practices or preferences, but I don't see myself going for something like that, nor would I expected a partner to perform oral sex on me during my 'time of the month'. I wondered if this was the norm for lesbian/bisexual/queer women, though? It's not really something I've seen openly discussed.

I suppose there is a level of anxiety in this question because I've never actually performed oral sex on a woman before.

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think there is a SIGNIFICANT difference between 'safe and hygienic' and something a lot of people do...

It might be safe but it's not something I think I'd be into...

3. nikidion

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would never do this nor let anyone do this to me.

I guess that ultimately it is safe and hygenic but somehow I'm not turned on by the thought of my partner's face and hands covered in my blood. It would be a mess. Not worth it at all.

4. DangerAlex

Well I'm a guy, but with my ex I would wait until her cycle was over for that. Even if I would have wanted to go down on her, she wouldn't have wanted me to at that time. I'm guessing it would be that way with most girls just as a general courtesy, or from being self-conscious about it.

5. An0n

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not gonna happen. I imagine going down while your gf is on the blob would put you off altogether so steer clear. Tbh I'm in too much pain/discomfort to want nookie - I sleep a lot when on because it leaves me exhausted and I think it's my body's way of coping with the pain.

I expect most women to be disgusted at the idea so don't think you should worry about it. I mean what's a week without sex when you've not had any. Lol.

6. cava

Oh wow. I feel like some kind of weirdo after reading the other responses here hehe.

When I am bleeding, I actually get super horny (at least for the first few days, unfortunately, also when it's the heaviest). The first time I really fooled around with a girl-person, she was bleeding. It's a natural thing, and there's nothing more unsanitary about it than there is when the person isn't bleeding. Just make sure you have dark-colored sheets :grin:

7. PinkCammelia90

Thanks for the responses, guys. I appreciate the input. I suppose I shouldn't have made this restrictive to 'lesbian/bisexual/queer women'.

It's not something I'd go for as I said before, but it's good that others share that opinion.

Agreed with cava though, I always get super horny when I'm on so I guess it's swings and roundabouts haha.

8. lovely lesbian

Don't feel very sexy when I'm on my time of the month be honest

9. JessRae

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    NOPE though I don't have any experience yet I won't do this ever, it's a bit disgusting.

10. An0n

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Same. I mean giant Bridget Jones style granny pants stuffed with a huge sanitary towel making it look like a nappy doesn't ooze sex appeal.

11. lovely lesbian