1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want to lose weight and get some "definition"

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by huehue, Apr 15, 2014.

1. huehue

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi.

I am not "fat" , I am pretty slim,and I have always had defined muscles like abs,until I got a sports injury.

After I recovered,I had put on weight and lost my definition.

I need to lose some body fat (I've got some in my stomach) ,and also in my legs.

I have always done exercise by practicing sports,but NEVER tried to lose weight with a specific routine as I've never had to.

I've never been on a diet so if you could please explain everything as if you were speaking to a small kid it would be awesome haha. It could also be said that my diet nowadays is pretty much a student diet... I eat in lots of restaurants,I also eat quite a lot of fruit,but I'm guessing I have to cut down on restaurants and stuff.

I have thought about running as I've heard cardio helps you lose weight,and with a proper diet i could lose most of my body fat. Once that is done,I would like to try and regain some muscle (is that even possible?)

So yeah,any diet and routines would be really handy.

Cheers guys.

2. Ravi-VIXX777

There isn't a definite equation, but it works somewhat like this:

Weight loss = Amount of calories your body burns - amount of calories your body consumes.

A pound is about 3,500 calories. So you should aim for consuming 500 to 1000 calories less a day. For faster results, burn calories from cardiovascular exercise. Weight loss is 80% diet, 20% fitness. Find your average calorie expenditure with an online calculator.

Now I'm sure your thinking, ok so I can eat unhealthy as long as it's under the amount of calories you naturally burn daily? WRONG! Eating the wrong foods but in smaller portions WILL make you binge eat sooner or later. No amount of willpower or control will save you. Just eat REAL foods.

To increase you metabolism, I suggest weight training. Muscles using a lot more calories to sustain them, so your calories will be burned for them.

Do not starve yourself! But eat about 5 times throughout the day. Maybe 300-450 calories a meal. There is nothing wrong with treating yourself! Take sodas OUT of your diet. They will ruin your results. Cut back on juice, drink only green tea, water, and lemon juice.

Goodluck. :slight_smile:

#2 Ravi-VIXX777, Apr 15, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  3. Trentacles

can you do sports again or no?

4. huehue

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes,I am currently doing sports.They keep me in the same shape,as in I don't get "fatter" ,but I don't get thinner either.

---------- Post added 16th Apr 2014 at 12:11 PM ----------

Thanks a lot! about the food part. do you have a link to what carb meals and all that stuff are good? cheers :grin:

5. An0n

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was just getting dressed and while in bra and PJ pants I said to the ex
    "Hey, I'm you!" And did a strong man pose.
    "You look like you have muscles!"
    What?! (O_O)
    "I've always had muscles, it's just now I have a thin layer of fat covering them." (Thanks marriage!)

How rude! We were married five years, in a relationship for six and she didn't notice? How rude!

Now I'm single again I want to rid myself of this little layer and be toned like I used to be. Does the above apply to women? Any suggested exercises for women? I don't want to look like Madonna, I don't want to be ripped, I want a trim, toned feminine figure like the good old days.

6. Incognito10

I am lazy, so for me, setting an exercise routine means always setting reasonably goals. For example, I am trying to shed some pounds but I just set a goal to start out by walking fast-paced for 20 minutes, followed by 30 sit-ups and I will increase slowly as I get conditioned. Main idea is not to set yourself up for failure by setting unrealistic goals. Set goals you know fit your schedule and that you will follow through on.

7. Ravi-VIXX777

Breakfast:
    -oatmeal mixed with fruit
    -banana with nuts (unsalted)
    -WHOLE WHEAT BREAD (only)
    -Eggs with small sausage links
    -DONTS: sugary cereal, large hot breakfast, unhealthy toasted food such as sweet pop-tarts

Lunch:
    -Sandwhich (WHOLE WHEAT BREAD)
    -Salad fajitas
    -GRILLED CHICKEN (only, no fried sadly)
    -Fruit salad
    -BROWN RICE (only type of rice that is healthy for you) with chicken

Dinner:
    -Same as lunch but mix it up. This is the largest meal, but not by much. Eat around 5 or 6 o clock. NO later!

Snacks:
    -Unsalted peanuts
    -Dark chocolate (check the brand if it is legit and good for you)
    -Yogurt
    -Granola bars (make sure it is low on sugar)

These are just some ideas. I would look up low calorie/healthy meals. Something from 300-450 but will keep you FULL for Atleast 2-3 hours.