1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Losing 1 & half stone in 4 days

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by shyguygay, Apr 16, 2014.

1. shyguygay

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    In the last 4 days I have not eaten any food due to not being hungry and in the time I used to weight 14 and a half stone, now my weight is 13 stone.

My question is does not eating have a big effect on your health and does it causs serious damage

2. Axxel

Axxel Guest

Yes and yes. Food is the fuel your body needs to keep running. Think of your body as like a car - do you think it would keep running without gas?

Not eating enough or at all affects literally every single part of your body negatively until it eventually shuts down and you die.

3. shyguygay

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well its my 5th day with no food

4. Axxel

Axxel Guest

It doesn't kill you immediately. Rather, it gives you agonizing health issues which slowly destroy you.

A few days do not cause irreversable damage, however you really can't make this into a habit. You will lose weight in a better and more sustainable way by changing your diet to include more healthy foods and by implementing moderate exercise practices.

#4 Axxel, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
  5. shyguygay

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It is a habit for me, I do this for 2 weeks about 4 times a year

6. Axxel

Axxel Guest

Then yeah, it's going to mess you up pretty badly.

7. LostAndAffraid

Yeah, that is very dangerous, you need to just go onto a healthy diet. It will be much better for your health.

8. apostrophied

Ok, so you probably need to lose a bit of weight, because according to Google, 14.5 stones is over 200 pounds. Mind you, I don't see you in front of me, so for all I know, you're 6'4 and built like a workhorse, so if that's the case, you're surely at your healthy weight.

But starving yourself is a bad, bad, bad idea and will make you gain weight faster afterwards because it screws up your metabolism. Also, you'll probably feel like crap and be in a really bad mood because no food = cranky. It's surely going to do all sorts of other things to your body which I don't know enough about to write here, but which exist and are dangerous nonetheless.

Why don't you snack on little things throughout the day if you're not hungry? Sooner or later you'll be hungry again.

Good luck!