1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A question about Dreams

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Simple Thoughts, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Simple Thoughts

I was looking up dream meanings today. I was curious about something, but I couldn't find any information on the subject. Probably because the only accurate way to describe also happens to be a buzz word for something that I assume is completely unrelated =/

Anyways...

What do you suppose it means in a dream to feel 'unwanted touch' in your private area? I mean a very real sense of touch, like feeling as if you're physically being touched.

I've had two dreams in my life that were this way and I was curious about what sort of meaning that holds in a dream.

One was the single worst nightmare I've ever had, and the second was just generally unpleasant.

Anyways...if anyone has any thoughts on the matter I'd be interested to hear them.

2. DangerAlex

By "unwanted touch" do you mean being touched intimately against your will or nonconsensually? If that was your meaning, I'd say you probably have a fear of that. The fact that it's only happened twice makes me think it's not an incapacitating fear, but you did describe one as the worst nightmare you ever had, so it seems like something you worry about.

A more abstract interpretation could be that you fear being vulnerable, emotionally or physically. Who is the person touching you in your dreams? You don't have to answer that, but by asking that I meant maybe you have fears, reservations, or don't trust the person touching you in your dreams. Touch, especially sexual touch, is very personal, intimate, and it exposes you in a way that you don't give to just anyone. Maybe you're worried about this person betraying you in some way or taking advantage of you.

Just my two cents. I studied psychology in college, but learned that dreams are extremely complicated; one thing can have a thousand different meanings.

3. Simple Thoughts

I don't worry too much about it. I mean that dream was from a really really long time ago, but I was curious about what sort of meaning it held. I was looking up dreams anyways and that one was particularly memorable, ya know?

As for who...well ummm. It wasn't so much of a who as a what...or maybe a who I dunno what it counts as. >.<

4. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Could just be your body responding to something in your sleep... Or you could have been thinking about something uncomfortable like someone assaulting you. It could be many other things too. Dreams generally don't mean a whole lot, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

5. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Rape dreams can have a lot, and I do mean A LOT, of meaning behind them. Obvious ones are fear of being assaulted, internalizing feelings of persecution or humiliation, and fear of being powerless/ vulnerable. Do you ever have a sense of who/ what kind of person is touching you? Is it violent? Does it feel more like powerlessness or degradation?

6. Simple Thoughts

Well the first one it was 99% a feeling of just pure overwhelming fear, and horribly unpleasant. The second was just weird, but not like really bad or anything just uncomfortable if that makes sense. =/

I think I already said this, but I'll repeat. These dreams happened a long time ago, but they are ones I've never forgotten ( for obvious reasons ) and I was mainly just curious about what sort of meaning they could hold.