1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Headaches

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by seerofvoid, Apr 16, 2014.

1. seerofvoid

I hope this is the right place to post this...

I've been experiencing severe headaches since the beginning of the semester. I've always had headaches, even when I was little, because of my allergies. I've talked to my doctor many times about it, and she seems to think it's a combination of anxiety, dehydration, lack of sleep, and sinus problems caused by allergies. I don't doubt her diagnosis, but recently the headaches have been really really bad. My vision is off, I see spots sometimes, it hurts to look at things closely, and I get sharp pains.

The problem is that my mom believes this is an excuse to not get things done. She thinks I should just "deal with it better" and "just push though it" when it comes to school work, exercising, and chores. She refuses to take me seriously when I tell her I'm in pain. I understand she's probably tired of dealing with my medical problems (I have a lot..), but it's frustrating to be constantly invalidated and told I'm not working up to my potential.

Does anyone have any advice or similar experiences? I'm just not sure how to handle this anymore..

2. apostrophied

Go to the emergency room. Vision problems associated with headaches need to be checked out immediately.

Good luck and I hope you get better soon!

3. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    migraines can have these effects …
    but do see your doctor because nobody here can give you any advice
    hope you get better soon

4. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The doctors diagnosis may be accurate. Perhaps you are prone to migraines. However, if your symptoms have gotten worse you really should go back. Try not to panic or anything as that my exacerbate you problem.

Are you feeling particularly stressed at the moment? If so it may be good to try and remove yourself from the course and get plenty of sleep.

If not, then I trip to your doctors is probably in order.

Hope you get sorted.

Happy days :slight_smile: