Getting Rid of / Hiding Love Bites

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Trentacles, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Trentacles

So i have 2 love bites on my neck about the size of a quid each that i'm freaking out over. I've been googling and found some advice on using ice or a hot spoon to rub the area but neither thing did anything.

Some site mentioned using makeup to cover it but that definitely isn't going to work since its not waterproof and i have swim club practice at 530 tomorrow. i can't really skip practice since i have a meet on saturday morning.

i mean its pretty obvious that they're love bites since i have pale skin and i really don't have a good excuse for them. other than during swimming, only 1 of the 2 is visible above my shirt but i'm thinking i'm :***: on this. i really don't want to deal with my ex-gf (i broke up with her two days ago and she's still very upset) or mates seeing it.

so yeah. anyone know of anything else to try? or some way to cover them? :help: i need to go sleep but hopefully they fade or someone knows something that works. cheers.

#1 Trentacles, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  2. DangerAlex

This made me laugh :slight_smile:

My boyfriend and I have a very, very slight pain fetish. Actually, I wouldn't even really call it a fetish; we just like to bite and grab handfuls of skin in a hey-I'm-here-and-I-love-you kind of way. One of the first times we had added biting to sex, he got me GOOD right on the side of my neck, and we learned I bruise ridiculously easy. It was huge, and the darkest bruise-purple I'd ever seen. Now we're careful to bite in places that we can cover.

There is water-proof makeup you could try, but you should apply it generously and be careful not to rub it off in the water. I've heard of the hot-and-cold thing, but if they're pretty bad that's not going to make much of a difference. Even increasing your potassium and iron intake won't make much difference overnight.

You might be stuck with them buddy, I'm sorry to say. Live and learn :slight_smile: good luck!

3. Trentacles

thanks mate. if thats you and your bf in your pic you two look really happy.

4. DangerAlex

Yes, it is! He is on the left, and that's yours truly on the right. We are very happy, thank you :slight_smile:

5. Kabuki

I'm not really sure it works, but I've read that using something like a ruler and passing it through the mark might help. If it's a hickey, which is basically blood trapped there, then doing that supposedly helps to let the blood circulate. If you mean a literal bite mark, as in teeth an all, then I don't have any knowledge on how to conceal it, only make up seems to work for that.

6. Trentacles

lol. so google says "love bite" is the rest of the world equivalent of the US "hickey." I was like wtf is a hickey.

7. Kabuki

:lol: sorry, I always thought hickey was used on Europe too.