1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changes (is this typical?)

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Gates, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, I have always been hairy and always had a lower voice BUT in the last year, my facial hair has doubled to the point that I can grow a patchy beard along my jawline and under my chin. I have a less prominent mustache but it all must be shaved off daily (even twice if I go out in the evening). I have also gotten hairier in other places across my body but have randomly almost stopped growing hair on the backs of my calves. Additionally, I now have mild acne, which I have never had this badly or consistently before (mostly where I have facial hair and on my back). And my voice is changing (getting more consistently low whereas is cracked/ fluctuated before and generally sounds more adult).

Are these typically changes for someone my age? Like a body transitioning from young adult to adult adult? Thoughts?

2. thrnvlpidj

Sounds like typical changes for a young adult, except for hair stopping to grow, and acne. Wouldn't hurt to see a doctor.

3. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd say it's normal. Body hair continues to grow with age. Speaking for myself, my facial hair is now much thicker and darker than five years ago.

4. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh, I should have said that the doctor thinks that I'm ok based on blood work.

5. thrnvlpidj

If the doctor says you're okay then don't worry. I got a little hairier at your age too.

6. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OK. Good so, it's normal for cismales. I wonder if it's normal for biological females, though... It could be that I have naturally high androgen levels...

7. thrnvlpidj