1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stuffy nose?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Caillin, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Caillin

So I think I have a cold because my other symptoms lead to that so does anyone know how to relive stuffy nose? I cant go to the store because well my parents only get me medicine when they are already heading to the store. So any tips would be really appreciated. :slight_smile:

2. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Fill a pot with hot water and lean over it with a towel draped over your head (creating a little head tent) and breathe in. Make sure the water isn't hot enough for the steam to burn you!! Should be like a steam room not a volcano!

Also, gargle with warm salt water 3 times/ daily

Drink plenty of fluids, make sure to get enough potassium (bananas, orange juice, etc.) and sodium (soup is a good source) so that you don't create an imbalance by drinking so much water.

If you have a fever, burrow under the covers with a cold cloth on your forehead/ neck.

Tell your parents to get you medicine

3. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I cannot recommend enough taking something like sudafed in conjunction with what Gates said.

Keeping the congestion from backing up and allowing for bacteria and other pathogens to build up and irritate your epithelial linings is a most excellent idea and decreases the length and severity of colds.

#3 Kasey, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  4. Yosia

There is this stuff (i really dont know what its called) which is like in the form of crystals and you put it in hot water and you lean over it with towel over head and it smells minty and clears everything~ it also makes me giggle but i think thats just me XD