1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paranoia over internet self diagnosis

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by wombats, Apr 21, 2014.

1. wombats

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So its a long story but I need someone to hear me out. I need some reassurance. Basically a little over a month ago I dumped this guy, that in a short time I fell head over heels for, but he made an ass of himself so I had to kick him to the curb. But over this past month until now I have neen emotional and hooking up with old hookups who I've done things with before and a lot of guys I've never done anything with before. For whatever reason during a hookup about a week ago I thought about an ex who ended up finding out he had herpes. Not sure why this thought came to my mind but it did. Since then I've been all over the internet looking at picture and clinical pages about herpes and symptoms and how you can get it. Apparently you can get it through skin to skin contact even if the person has no visible signs or outbreaks. Since reading this I have been extremely patanoid and upset. Although each of these times I have been the top and have worn a condom each and everytime. It is still possible to get it through the skin on surrounding areas. I have been tested months after my ex who ended up with herpes so I am clean he didn't pass it on to me, but still after so many idiotic hookups and online self diagnosis I'm so paranoid. And to be sure the test comes out positive you should wait at least 1 or 2 months. I will definitely be going to get tested but I don't know, I need advice and opinions and reassurance because even though i dont have any symptoms and i believe im fine that's a long time to wait for peace of mind.

2. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't pretend to know much about herpes
    But you have done the right thing in being tested.
    Don't assume the worst, assume all is OK and the results will just prove it !!