1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dating in recovery?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by w1e2e9s5a9L6ou, Apr 25, 2014.

1. w1e2e9s5a9L6ou

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So my last relationship ended 7 months ago when I entered recovery from bulimia. My girlfriend at the time said that I was too much to deal with and my emotions (because I was allowing myself to feel them as much as I could) were too much to handle. I have improved a lot in the 7 months, but am far from perfect.

My question, would you women ever date someone you knew was consciously trying to recover and live without their addictions?? Yes or No and explain!

2. Theron

Well, honey, I have PTSD, depression, anxiety, and ADHD. I also several severe phobias, and I am a recovering heroin addict. I am also a recovering rape victim.

....it hasn't managed to scare my fiance away. Does that answer your question?

The thing is, he admires the fact that I want to change and get better and that I make a genuine effort. I had zero emotional support, so even though I was on medication and going through therapy, it wasn't making much of a difference, but I still persevered. Now that I have him as an emotional "foothold" of sorts, I have been able to make leaps and bounds in my recovery. I have made more progress in the last year than in the ten years prior to it.