1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blue Balls

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Saintly89, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Saintly89

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Okay so I have a friend I suspect is possibly closeted. I was talking with him recently about sex and he he claims to have never masturbated. To me this seems highly unusal. Not only to not masturbate but to have never masturbated. I looked this up online and a small minority of men have never masturbated. However, all the people who also claim this seemed to not want to masturbate and/or were currently having sex.

He isn't having sex and has said that it is difficult for him not to masturbate but that he "has a God that helps him with his temptations", which implies he actually feels the itch to masturbate. I asked him if he has wet dreams and he said he does and that all he can do is "pray for forgiveness". I asked him if he ever got close to doing anything with a girl and he said "I never wanted to" in addition he sometimes refers to the sex of these "temptations" in gender neutral terms. I don't deliberately stare at his crotch but he has noticeable erections from time to time. :***:

None of this can be mentally healthy. A friend I talk to on the phone that I trust to talk to with things like this said he probably suffers from "blue balls" or pain from denied sexual arousal. Is this probably true? And is this whole mindset as unhealthy and usual as I suspect it is?

2. CarUnderwater

he sounds like he's dealt with and is still dealing with sexual desires that he doesn't believe he should be having.

Hard to help someone that is so deep in religion or beliefs. But he probably does suffer from sexual urges.

3. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Although it's uncommon... there definitely are guys who go their life like that. One of my friends told me he'd never done it, and were close enough for me to know he was telling the truth.
    From my experience, the pain only occurs when you are aroused for long periods of time. Like when you're cuddling your crush for 4 hours and have an erection most of that time because you're aroused... I doubt he's in that situation.