1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exercise for better looks

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Brandiac, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Brandiac

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey! Since I have no other choice but to keep witing until high school ends before I can look for someone, I want to use this one year worth of time to keep taking exercise and improve my looks as a result. I'm not after becoming a person with 3 story high muscles, even though I could turn anyone into the size of a tin can then, I simply want to look normal...

I lost so much weight in so little time that now I'm a person stuck in a permanent sleeping bag. The skin got stretched, back when I was really fat and I guess it didn't have time to adapt. Supposedly I'm always being told that filling it up with muscle is the only way to go.

I spend more and more time with push ups (not too many, but I keep increasing it every time and it's getting easier and easier) and other exercises that affect my tummy area as well every two days (to give my muscles time to recover and muscle fever to go away). Once summer break is here I'll also add walking, jogging and eventually running to the mix to fill in the gaps. (And lifting wieghts even)(!)

So what should I expect over the course of one year? I know I can keep it up, I realized how much willpoer I can harness back when I was losing weight.
    I really want my thighs to get thinner, my back have the ability to support itself for long time periods, as opposed to getting tuired after 10 minutes and leaving me look like the Hunchback of Notre dame, and my butt to look "proper"

2. themoose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You probably already know but I'll start off with the basics. Running, walking and so on are cardio exercises that will burn calories and fat and make you slimmer (generally). Weight lifting and so on will push your muscles and encourage them to grow. Depending on what your goal is, you'll want to tailor your workout to achieve that end.

If you want to add muscle, focus on the weightlifting and stuff. If you have access to a gym, you can cycle through various exercise to train different muscle groups. My current training plan involves a 3 way split (with 4 workouts a week), so I work back and shoulders, legs and core and finally chest and arms. By doing this, other muscle groups get a chance to recover. I usually throw core exercises like push ups and barbell rollouts to the end of my workout to try and build up my six pack.

On the other hand, if you want to try and slim down then the running will be ideal. However, to be honest if you do high intensity training that involves bursts of exertion (e.g. weight lifting) then you tend to burn a lot of calories that way. Look up High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) on Google.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

3. Brandiac

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah thanks to you, now I'm pretty sure I'll get somewhere with what I have in mind. :icon_bigg
    I sort of want to do both really, I still have to lose ~20-25 pounds to have a perfect body mass index, and I want to do that without the fear of having hanging skin at the end. A little weight gain from muscle afterwards would be just fine. It's not like I want to become the next Arnold Schwarzenegger, but I have a year to spend on this and I shouldn't keep losing weight forever.