1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swollen ear piercing

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Dryad, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So about a month ago I stretched the 3rd hole on my right lobe a bit too hard, by inserting a 14g (maybe it was 16g, I'm not sure) silver earring when I usually wear 18-20g. At first it was a bit sore, but eventually it was ok. This morning I noticed there was some dry blood around the hole and a reddish bump around it, in the back of the ear (so it's not noticeable in the front). I took it out and put the piercing stud in but I can't close it because of the bump. I also put rubbing alcohol, and it itches, bu it doesn't hurt at all, even if I press it and there's no discharge. Could it be an infection? Should I let the hole close? I have no luck with piercings anyway. :eusa_doh:

#1 Dryad, Apr 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2014
  2. danball7

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Keep it clean as you are, and give it some time to recover. My sister is stretching her piercing atm and she had bit of pus and inflammation. Go to the doctor if the skin gets tight and sensitive. Otherwise piercings have a habit of getting slightly painful and bloody when you stretch them.