1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbians who want children

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by NicoletteChris, Apr 30, 2014.

1. NicoletteChris

Too young to really plan on this and even think about this maybe but I really love babies and children (minus when they're screaming and you know...sh**ting their pants but whatever.) But yeah I do frequently think about the fantasy of being married to a woman I love and raising a family with her that sounds so lovely and the best part is being a lesbian I can "choose" when I feel it's best to have children since there's no accidental pregnancy risk factor.

I read an article on a medicine science website stating that bone marrow is being used for many important advancments in medicine and science, I heard of an entire heart being grown from bone marrow and it was successful and functioned well!
    I also read that it should be possible for lesbians to have biological children some day with these strides being made in bone marrow science. Apparently sperm can be made from bone marrow or something and it can fertilize a female egg although obviously all children will be female.

They can also do this for male/gay couples actually they can make an egg with bone marrow but a surrogate/ woman would still be needed for this.

Any thoughts? (Please also be considerate if anyone decides to say anything negative because this is sorta an important thing for me)

2. laurenc

laurenc Guest

my only thoughts are that science is starting to advance and will make many peoples dreams come true :slight_smile:

3. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As a biologist, all i need to say is...

SCIENCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :grin:

One day, our dreams will come true!

4. BelleFromHell

I have no interest in having children, but HURRY FOR SCIENCE!! :grin:

---------- Post added 30th Apr 2014 at 06:42 PM ----------

*HURRAY
    My brain is frazzled...

5. me123

I want kids so bad. I think I would most likely take the adoption route though.

6. flymetothemoon

I want children, but I think it is too early for me to consider something like this. Although I would love for my child to be biologically related to both my wife and I, there haven't been any studies about what happens to these children in as they grow, and it would make me really nervous that something would go wrong.

7. apostrophied

I want kids, but I'd rather they not be conceived as part of a biology experiment... There is too much that we do not know yet.

8. justanothergirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Bone marrow..wow. nice. :slight_smile: I'm baby crazy too but i'll probably just adopt one soon..Not quite sure about the bone marrow thingy, it sounds so new and unfamiliar to me (and i guess to most people too)..Maybe you could adopt first and then when the bone marrow thingy seems legit (and you're 100% sure that's it's going to work perfectly), then go for it! :slight_smile: