1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Binder rubbed me raw. Help!

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by FightingShadows, May 1, 2014.

1. FightingShadows

So, a few days ago, I noticed how my binder was pinching me and it hurt really bad but I couldn't really do anything about it because I was at work. So I got home and when I checked, I realized the side of one of my *ahem* breasts had been rubbed raw by the binder. So I took care of it, put ointment on it to heal and have been covering it with gauze so it won't come in contact with my binder and it's starting to scab. But now, I don't know if it's because the scab is still new, the binder is ripping it off even when it's covered in gauze. So, I was wondering (because obviously not binding is not an option), is there anything I could do to prevent my binder from doing that again?

2. Fairybread

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello, I often have a similar problem (but not that bad) with my binder, around the arm hole areas. What helps for me is an extra piece of fabric there, so perhaps a thin (would only need to be a few millimetres thick) piece of padding where it rubs? So that when it does rub, its rubbing on the padding and not skin. Hope that helps!

3. TraceElement

Gold bond has a friction defense ointment. I use it when I go swimming to prevent my water shirt from irritating my arms.

4. suninthesky

I used gold bond foot powder. It keeps everything less sweaty and less irritated overall.