1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

regaining weight from severe anxiety and stress

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by rainmustfall, May 2, 2014.

1. rainmustfall

rainmustfall Guest

I recently had a very emotionally stressful event occur in my life. I don't really want to go into details, but I was wondering if anyone had any advice on gaining the weight back when I keep getting nauseous from eating. I am staying at my parents and they have provided me with plenty of food, but I am struggling to eat. I lost 30 pounds and I have gained 10 back. I need to gain another 20 to reach a healthy weight. Does anyone have any advice?

2. mangotree

Hi rainmustfall,
    This is probably a bit too simple - considering that you might not be physically able to - but regular exercise usually assists with stress.
    Also exercise - for most people - makes them instinctually eat before exercise so they've got enough energy to do it - and also eat after exercise to help with revival.
    You might have to look into what kind of exercise you can do that won't make you lose more weight though.
    Just food for thought (pardon the pun).

3. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    Taking some multivitamins can help a little, not just for the nutritional boost but also can stimulate your appetite. I take a few vitamins (particularly vit C) daily as I'm underweight due to digestive conditions and I do find that they help. Be sure to take them with food though so that they don't just pass straight through you.