1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ever get repulsed by the idea of other gender's genitals ?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Beware Of You, May 3, 2014.

1. Beware Of You

So this may sound dumb and crude but bare with me.

I was speaking to one of my friends (a gay girl who is engaged I am friends with the pair of them, me and my boyfriend could be getting a flat between us 4) anyway she was joking with me about what sex with a guy is like being gay I said that I find penises beautiful and stuff and how they feel awesome inside me.. The idea of a penis going inside someone made her actually hurl in the bathroom.

In revenge she went into detail about what girls bits are like..... And when he mentioned how they feel I actually felt faint and retched

Is this common for gay guys and girls ?

2. Skov

No, I wouldn't say so. A vagina doesn't gross me out at all. They just don't "do it for me" if that makes sense.

3. Caillin

I dont think its normal to be repulsed by it to the point of hurling but for me I am not repulsed by peoples genitalia I just dont find them to be arousing.

#3 Caillin, May 3, 2014
    Last edited: May 3, 2014
  4. me123

Haha. I was with a guy soon after me and my girlfriend broke up. One of those weak moments when I wasn't really sure if I was a lesbian or not. Long story short...was fooling around, doing a little oral...annnnd gagged, like uncontrollable gagging. Hahaha. Never had that happen in the past til I had been with a woman.

5. BelleFromHell

6. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

No not really. I don't think penises are gross, but I HATE the idea of having one in me. Maybe the act of hetero sex (involving myself obviously) is repulsive to me, but not the penis itself.

7. BelleFromHell

I'm pretty much the same way. Penises generally gross me out, but they don't really bother me, and I find gay dude sex to be a lot less gross than hetro sex.

8. LordofNihil

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not repulsed at all, but then again, few things actually repulse me... It's just, you're just not going to see me become erect with female genitals as opposed to male genitals.

9. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I first saw the title of this thread and thought, "Oh hell no, not this again! but a comment like this is refreshing. I don't think vaginas are gross (And my orientation line used to say, "Kinsey 6, Vaginas just aren't my thing."), I'd just never want my penis in one.

10. PrincessEliza

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I find it very creepy when people go into detail about sex. Especially straight sex *shudder* I wouldn't ever throw up or anything, but I would definitely be a very awkward turtle

11. ohnobro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I think pussies are gross, mostly in the sense that they just look gross and I couldn't imagine actually sticking my dick in one.

I think by themselves pussies aren't that bad to me, but the act of doing something with one really grosses me out.

Boobs on the other hand...Damn. I'm really gay, but if a girl let me touch them I'd do it.

12. Alehkz

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I waddle around in a circle five times if I even get a glimpse of a penis. I would never let one touch me. Ew.

13. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

I think you meant to say "sex", not "gender". "Sex" is the physical side of male vs female (penis vs vagina).

Anyway, penises, vaginas, anuses, etc. are all gross in a way. Sex is gross when you think about it, with all the bodily fluids going around, using organs that are used to excrete waste (urine or feces).

A study was actually done that found that sexual arousal dramatically lowers people's "disgust" factor, when we are sexually aroused we are less likely to find things "gross", it's an evolutionary adaptation that allows people to actually have sex, despite the inherent grossness to it, since sex, after all, is necessary for the procreation of the species:

Study: Sexual Arousal Staves off Disgust - Lindsay Abrams - The Atlantic

So if you're not sexually aroused by another person's organs, it's perfectly normal to find them gross. I am sexually aroused by penises and mens' butts, so even though that is where piss and shit come out of, my natural disgust goes away and I find them appealing.

Whereas I am not sexually aroused womens' vaginas, with all the piss and blood and other vaginal fluid excretion that goes on in there, so my natural disgust is not dampened and I am grossed out by vaginas.

Obviously the opposite is true with lesbians and penises.

(Although objectively speaking I think penises are less gross than vaginas because penises are just tubes that stick out of a man's body, you can see- and wash- every part of them.... unlike vaginas that are deep mysterious caverns that leak blood. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

14. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

I don't really care about a person's physical sex, I like the gender of females. I don't think penises are gross, as long as they are clean and well kept I don't have an issue. Same would go with vaginas, not gross as long as they're clean (and I like them shaved, but that's just me).

But for someone who physical prefers the same gender I would consider it normal to be nauseated by the idea of the other's genitals in detail.

15. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

The strongest comment I will make about this topic is that I find penises more interesting than vaginas. I say that as a male-bodied person whom was once married to a cisfemale.

16. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't get repulsed by anybody's genitals, but I don't really find genitals interesting at all, at least, not to look at.

For example, the penis is really, really stupid looking, but I would love to have one inside me. (Because at least I wouldn't have to look at it.) Vaginas look a whole lot less dumb, but I still don't really like the look of them. But I would very kindly like somebody's for them.

Genitals are very low on the list of what I find sexually attractive about a person. I care a lot more about the rest of the body.

#16 Pret Allez, May 3, 2014
    Last edited: May 3, 2014
  17. PurpleGrey

I don't much like the sight of any sort of genitalia, but I don't find the sight repulsive exactly. I don't like the penis much, because I don't know what to do and it's uncomfortable for me to try. With the vagina, at least I understand.

18. Mzansi

Couldn't care less about a vagina,
    It doesn't nauseate me in the least :slight_smile:

19. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think grossness is relative to attraction too. I may not be attracted to my BF's body visually like with women but it doesn't mean I find him gross looking either. If it was some other guy it probably would look gross to me.

When I came out to my straight sister, I never said anything about sex, just that I was dating a woman, she said, "Ewww, gross.!" and "How could you?" I asked her what she meant by that exactly, and she asked, "How can, you know, put your mouth, down there?" and pointed between her legs. I got mad and said, "Oh, I don't know, how can you let John stick his d--- in your mouth?" She then said in a dismissive tone, "When you say it that way it just sounds dirty."

20. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

I like both so I'm not best person to ask. :wink:

But I figure, it's preference and whatever function you're going for. I mean, they both look weird. But I'd like whatever my partner had- just for different reasons.