1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wisdom Teeth pain

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Beware Of You, May 3, 2014.

1. Beware Of You

So I have a partially erupted wisdom tooth on the back of my mouth (about 33% of it is visible) anyway all of a sudden this week its got sore and swollen in the gums around it.

Is this bad?

2. Shy825

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Its an impacted wisdom tooth I suspect. Is it growing sideways and pushing against your molar or does it look like theres plenty of room for it to come out?
    Best seeing your dentist and he/she will probably advise you to get it extracted.

3. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Very likely it will need to be removed. I had two wisdom teeth removed some years ago.

4. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Go and consult your dentist. That's what they are for. We could give an opinion, but unless there is a dentist here, it may not be completely reliable.

Not trying to be blunt, but if you are having teeth/gum problems, you know where you should go.

Happy days :slight_smile:

5. Beware Of You

No, but its like 1/2 covered with gum and off at an angle compared to the rest

6. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Best way to get rid of the pain is to go to the dentist and ask them to take it out. I can understand the pain that goes along with both situations, however, the pain after your wisdoms teeth are pulled will subside with time. My vote: get it taken out.

7. photoguy93

You need to go get it checked out. Wisdom teeth are interesting because they don't necessarily cause crazy symptoms - it's not like you wake up one day with the worst pain in your life.
    For me, I had some light headaches and soreness - that just didn't go away for that long. It was best to get them out.
    It was an easy procedure - and hopefully, since you can see them, they won't be too terribly tricky to get out.

8. apostrophied

I had that, it was swollen and somewhat irritated/sore for like 4-5 days. Turns out it was just growing, because it calmed down and hasn't bothered me since. Just make sure you keep it really clean. If it's insanely painful and doesn't get better, then yes, go to the dentist. But growing teeth do hurt, that's normal (think about babies lol).

ETA: you mention your teeth is at an angle. That might be an issue. Go see a trustworthy dentist who won't jump at a chance to pull out your teeth to make a buck and will give you his honest opinion on what to do. I haven't yet found a dentist like that lol...

#8 apostrophied, May 3, 2014
    Last edited: May 3, 2014
  9. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Go see your dentist about it. I got mine removed like three years ago to avoid future complications.